May 02, 2024, 12:51:05 AM

Author Topic: Spellbook Builder  (Read 15219 times)

gvptenorio

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Spellbook Builder
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 09:11:27 AM »
Me and my friends are just waiting for this and then we're all game to go and play MW again. :D

gvptenorio

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2013, 08:34:29 PM »
News?

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2013, 08:36:20 PM »
News?

Alpha version with the new layout and controls will be going to testers on Monday or Tuesday.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

gvptenorio

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2013, 08:03:53 AM »
Goodluck then, still haven't been able to play wth my friends (deconstructed everything cause we're waiting for the builder for a more competitive gameplay) so I hope it will be released as soon as possible. I would love to try it even though it's on its early phases too if I could. :|

Stormmaster

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2013, 08:42:48 AM »
How does not having an online spellbook builder stop anyone from playing?  You can still play, and I actually like building my spell book by looking through the actual cards anyways (but I'm maybe more tactile and like to feel/look at the options in my hand).  In either case the game works just fine.  The only kind of putzy thing is adding up spellbook points when you get the cards you want to use together.  But in reality by the time I put them in a spell book builder I could have done the math and added up the points myself anyways.

Also the spellbook builder at http://www.gameknight.org/MageWars/
works pretty well.  It has ALL of the cards (including the newest expansions minus Dru v Nec) you can search for and view the actual card (including art), plus it calculates all the spell book points for you automatically (which is super handy). 

What I've done with that one is gathered the cards I want to use for various deck strategy ideas and plugged them in and it keeps track of how many points.  Also every card you enter it updates the summary of how many points you have available to spend at the top each card.  So you can see how you are doing as you get close.

I'm still looking forward to this one coming out but it certainly wouldn't prevent me from playing the game at all.

gvptenorio

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2013, 08:46:07 AM »
How does not having an online spellbook builder stop anyone from playing?  You can still play, and I actually like building my spell book by looking through the actual cards anyways (but I'm maybe more tactile and like to feel/look at the options in my hand).  In either case the game works just fine.  The only kind of putzy thing is adding up spellbook points when you get the cards you want to use together.  But in reality by the time I put them in a spell book builder I could have done the math and added up the points myself anyways.

works pretty well.  It has ALL of the cards (including the newest expansions minus Dru v Nec) you can search for and view the actual card (including art), plus it calculates all the spell book points for you automatically (which is super handy). 

What I've done with that one is gathered the cards I want to use for various deck strategy ideas and plugged them in and it keeps track of how many points.  Also every card you enter it updates the summary of how many points you have available to spend at the top each card.  So you can see how you are doing as you get close.

I'm still looking forward to this one coming out but it certainly wouldn't prevent me from playing the game at all.

We are medical school students and we do not have the luxury of time to make a new spellbook manually every time we play. :(

And we wanted to play with different builds every game so we wanted to do it in an efficient and faster way. Otherwise, we would play other games that would be faster - hence my need for this builder. XD

Oh nice! Thank you for this! Now it will be easier. :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 08:47:50 AM by gvptenorio »

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2013, 09:50:16 AM »
Holy cow, that's a nice spell book builder!  Where has that been hiding? 

As for "needing" a spell book builder, I don't think anyone "needs" one, we just "want" one.  It makes experimenting around with builds SO much easier and it also assures you that your points are accurate (I've made mistakes counting manually before, as I'm sure others have too).  Plus, an online builder is something that some of us would like to have access to when not at home when you don't have the cards right in front of you.

admiral142

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2013, 12:33:29 PM »
News?

Alpha version with the new layout and controls will be going to testers on Monday or Tuesday.

Can we get in on that?

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2013, 01:47:30 PM »
Can we get in on that?

The first round of testing is just going to be UW staff and a handful of the more active playtest group.

Once I have a beta version I will be doing a public beta.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2014, 04:51:16 PM »

Just wanted to say thanks for the excellent spellbook builder!
"See you space cowboy..."