April 26, 2024, 06:54:08 AM

Author Topic: NEW Beginners guide to play MW online via Octgn and a List of players  (Read 78821 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: NEW Beginners guide to play MW online via Octgn and a List of players
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2015, 12:12:41 AM »
Can someone post some tips for how some of the following aspects of play are managed by Octgn?

Making a creature your Pet (or bloodreaper etc) - at the moment I've just paid more mana and then dragged the pet token over.
This is the correct way to handle this currently.

Summoning a creature with a spawn point - at the moment I've double clicked the extra spell during planning, so it comes out face down.  Then I've dragged it to the spawnpoint and in deployment double clicked it.  That seems to work.
Sound like you got it right, you prepare the spell by double clicking on it from your Spellbook/Hand it will then be placed face down on to the mages spell preparation area. You then drag it and drop it on top of the Spawnpoint, it should "bind" to it, and when you are in the Deployment phase you double click on the bound spell to cast it, OCTGN will automaticly use the mana on the Spawnpoint first and then the Mages if any is needed.

Hope this helps!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2015, 12:45:46 AM »
Sweet, thanks Sike.  I haven't played anyone yet, but that was what I worked out playing solo.  I didnt really want to go into a game messing up every turn.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2015, 01:36:45 AM »
Did the new in-line tutorial help? Can you suggest any improvements or lessons we should add?
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2015, 02:32:35 AM »
Did the new in-line tutorial help? Can you suggest any improvements or lessons we should add?

Hi SIke, yeah the inline tutorial was very helpful, but some of the basics in the first post of this thread helped too.  One of the hardest things to find was zooming and that made a real difference.

Probably some of the things to list would be what OCTGN doesnt manage - in a way I spent a lot of time trying to work out how to do things it doesnt look like it handles (like Pet).  Doing it manually is fine, once you know you have to :)

I watched the start of the youtube, how to play a game which helped as well.  I didn't watch it all though as I just wanted to play :)

It would be great if there was all this linked in one place inside the game - probably just expanding the how to play section, which again is very helpful.

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Ok so tried loading mage wars on octgn and I need help. Some reason I don't see the game board when I try to start a game? Also how do I obtain the most current update or image pack? Can anyone help me please and thank you.

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Could you add me to the list of octgn players tpark17 is my username. Thanks is there an updated list of members?