April 24, 2024, 11:08:23 PM

Author Topic: The Eratta.  (Read 10936 times)

Texan85

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Game Free, or Die!
    • View Profile
Re: The Eratta.
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 07:12:36 AM »
Is there some way in which loyal and stalwart existing owners of the game can get updated cards? I can see ALL SORTS of chaos occurring here, and I don't want marker pen on my cards...

That would be nice.

Greetings to all!

To answer the question, producing cards as a small single print run is beyond the budget. We are gamers after all and our salaries don't yet equal that of sports stars. However, we feel your pain. So here are our solutions to get accurate reprints out to you the dedicated many.

We have decided to make sure that reprints of the cards will appear in the next Expansion that has a Mage capable of benefiting from them. To be a little more clear, not Druid Vs. Necromancer, but an Expansion that we are looking at for the 2014 season. Now I have less patience than most and that just doesn't satisfy me fully. So...

We are going to post printable PDFs of the 3 modified cards in the Downloads section of our website later tonight. This will at least keep people from having to mark up their existing cards.

Hope this helps and thank you very much for supporting Mage Wars!

John

Hi John,

Thanks for the information. It is nice to have PDFs but I never use sleeves. I am still a bit worried as it seems as though the replacements may come out in dribs and drabs 'in the next expansion that has a Mage capable of benefitting from them'. Two things...

Firstly, ALL mages can benefit from them.

Secondly, the issue isn't MAGE benefit, it is GAME OWNER benefit.

If you can't just send out replacement cards for free (I wonder how many games have actually been sold so far, and what would the actual cost be?) How about you put max copies of each errata card, 4 or 6, into the next expansion as a free add on? Or even just a couple of each? I know all about print costs and so on, but I also know that doing remarkable things for your customer base drives long term loyalty.

The precedent would be Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear. They included a free couple sheets of proper high quality counters in the second expansion, Price of Honour, to replace slightly modified counters from the original game. They garnered much kudos for this on the boards.

I love this Mage Wars game. I will keep playing it. It's all about the love, not the commerce.

Me thinks the production of the next xpac is locked or in the motion, so that's why it won't be in the next?

I am more concerned with the implications.
Ipsa Scentia Potestes Est

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2013, 09:54:05 AM »
Sounds like a good excuse for a Gold Foil Promo's...
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Texan85

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Game Free, or Die!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2013, 01:55:53 PM »
Sounds like a good excuse for a Gold Foil Promo's...

If this even smells like a tcg then I'm done with this game. Ten years and a couple thousand into Yugioh and no more. I'm glad that the promos are nOt legal in tournaments, even though I dropped Alota money to get them, because I'm done with pay to win games; be they online or on tabletop.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 12:13:09 AM by Texan85 »
Ipsa Scentia Potestes Est

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2013, 09:29:20 PM »
if anything mage wars is a living card game. if mage wars wants to make extra money with gold promo cards why not. as long as practical players can still use there old plain cards then its fine with me.

also are we still allowed to use the old card in tournaments if we have a print out of the errata. I ask because I know you can't use proxy cards in comp games will errata be the exception to this rule.
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2013, 05:50:42 AM »
How about replacement cards through BGG? They charge a nominal fee for delivery etc, supports the community an gets replacement cards out there.  A couple of other games have done a similar fix or retrofit through the geek store I think.

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2013, 02:06:02 PM »
I think their solution is fine really.  Most other games just ban cards rather than errata them.  And I've never seen a company provide PDFs: that's some serious genuine concern right thar.

• Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2013, 03:14:27 PM »

I received a couple of sets of promo cards after donating to The Dice Tower. Sent by Mr Tom Vasel from Florididida (!) to UK. I wonder if AW could send replacements for free in a similar style.

lil_drag_n

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2013, 11:55:57 PM »
If AW is releasing pdfs of major erratas shouldn't tangletvines also get a face lift as well?  I read somewhere that tanglevine should have The unmovable trait.  Minor text missing like means sub-class mana on the moonglow amulet and unavoidable trait from hail of stones are obvious and don't need pdfs. Tanglevine errata is pretty big.
Jedi vs that orc guy from L of the R, wow what a mix,... i wonder if AW would consider Dhalsim a mage.