April 29, 2024, 10:56:30 AM

Author Topic: Simple Nullify query  (Read 2481 times)

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Simple Nullify query
« on: July 24, 2013, 02:36:58 AM »

I can't quite believe that I don't know the absolute answer to this...

Does Nullify trigger when an opponent attaches a face down enchantment on the Nullify-protected mage, or when it is revealed?

I thought it was on attach as Nullify uses the word 'target' and the mage is targetted by the face down enchant, but I met a counter view last night so I may well be wrong.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Nullify query
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 02:53:45 AM »
Nullify triggers when the creature it is attached to is targeted by an incantation or enchantment.

Check page 19 of the rule book about the enchantment matrix might help. An enchantment needs to be targeted when it is cast.

So, nullify triggers when an enchantment is cast face down.  Although if you nullify it, it never makes it to the board really....

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Nullify query
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 02:55:34 AM »
Nullify triggers when the creature it is attached to is targeted by an incantation or enchantment.

Check page 19 of the rule book about the enchantment matrix might help. An enchantment needs to be targeted when it is cast.

So, nullify triggers when an enchantment is cast face down.  Although if you nullify it, it never makes it to the board really....

That is exactly what I thought, based on the use of the word 'target'. My opponent last night thought that Nullify didn't trigger on attachment, rather on reveal. Ah well. Thanks for the speedy reply.