Mage Wars > Spellbook Design and Construction

A "Base" set of cards ALL Mages should have in there book

(1/16) > >>

cbalian:
I've been doing all kinds of varied deck builds, like fire themed, or air wizard, or all flyer decks or whatever weird set up depending on the mage played.  What I'm trying to do is come up with a "base" or standard spell set that I put in EVERY (or almost every) book with a set of the basics.  Like nullify, dissolve, armor sets, defenses etc etc.  The purpose of this is I could have pre built spell books already ready to go with the said spells and spend like 60-70 points for the basic "must haves" then I can spend 50-60 points on creatures/spells random mage specific stuff for various "fun" builds strategies.

I guess that was a very long way of asking for advice on what you all think are some of your "MUST HAVE's" either your favorite spells or spells you put in most of your books.  I realize it varies by Mage etc but in general what cards do you use the most?

Texan85:
Telleport 1-3
Dispel 2-4
Dissolve 1-4
Seeking Dispel 1-3
Force Push 1-3
Regrowth Belt 1-2
Bear Strength 1-2
Cheeta Speed 0-1
Purify 1-3
Minor Heal/Heal 1-2 or Drain Soul/Drain Life: 1-2
Deflection Bracers/Something to create a Defense 0-2

Elemental Cloak (non-wizard)

Texan85:
Any other opinions?

I couldn't think Of any other ones that were seeming universal other than certain chests or maybe: mana flower/mana crystal.

Or maybe moon-glow amulet.

Tacullu64:
Elemental Cloak is one of the best defensive pieces of equipment in the game, and as a level 1 spell easy to splash into any spellbook.

reddawn:

--- Quote from: Tacullu64 on July 01, 2013, 12:47:37 PM ---Elemental Cloak is one of the best defensive pieces of equipment in the game, and as a level 1 spell easy to splash into any spellbook.

--- End quote ---

Actually, I don't think it's the autoinclude people make it out to be.  It's more of a meta piece.  The amount of armor you get for the price tag is actually lower than usual, so unless you're part of a group that plays a lot of elemental spells, you're probably better off with Rhino Hide.

Granted, though, that I imagine most groups play some mages that use fire/lightning/etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version