September 28, 2024, 09:22:25 PM

Author Topic: Passage Attack and Push  (Read 2467 times)

jomurph86

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Passage Attack and Push
« on: June 24, 2013, 11:03:29 PM »
My buddy and I are having a disagreement about this:  I cast Jet Stream on his Mage and rolled an 11, allowing me to push him.  I opted to push him through an adjacent wall of thorns (he had no armor :).  He claims I needed to pay an additional 3 to push him through a wall with the "passage attack" trait.  I think you only need to do that when you're playing a card that specifies extra payment (Force Push, for example).  Which of us is correct?

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Passage Attack and Push
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 12:27:37 AM »
You don't need to pay anything extra. That's a cost associated with Force Push and Force Bash specifically, it's not a general cost for pushing creatures through passage attack walls.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 12:42:38 AM »
the force series of card opt you to pay 3 extra mana for the extra power required to move creatures through walls with passive attack and for you to choose what direction the force is in.

attacks that have push are bound to the effect roll so it is not 100% push. also (and commonly forgotten) for most attack spells the push must be in the direction opposite the spells source (choice if diagonal).

so you can see why you must pay more for force spells because you control the direction and 100% Chance they move.

and you don't pay extra for attack pushes because they can fail and you can't control direction
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 07:45:17 AM »
Nice work Nitro
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

jomurph86

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2013, 10:35:54 AM »
Thanks for the help, folks!