April 20, 2024, 09:42:01 AM

Author Topic: Angels  (Read 4350 times)

szendroib

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Angels
« on: June 10, 2013, 09:17:05 AM »
I really like the legendary angels in the game, I think they just fit the priestess so well thematically, but usually I can not keep them alive long enough to warrant their price. Additionally I can not decide which one is the most useful out of the three (I'm quite new). So I guessed I will ask you guys, which legendary angel is your favorite, and why. Also, do you think it is worth to summon them at all, or I'm better off with more smaller units (knights, gray angels, archers). Do you ever put more than 1 angel in your deck?

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Angels
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 06:51:56 PM »
I don't know much about the Priestess, but I am sure under "Spellbook Design and Construction" you can find a few Priestess builds. You could look at many builds and see which angels people like the most and why. Some of the upcoming angels look very strong too.
"See you space cowboy..."

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 07:28:17 PM »
if you want control/turtle builds get wind angel, her sweeping push attack will slow down up to 2 big movable creatures. being a ranged attack it can't be guarded against.

if you are getting swarmed the light angle is the best because she can stay in your mage zone while she slammed circle of light (not popular but an option none the less)

if you are going aggressive (it some of your creatures will inevitably die) you should look towards the lightning angle. the +4 mele is the strongest attack buff in the game, it just requires more protection because she will get focused hard.

that's just my opinion based on a few games as priestess and general review of the cards
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

szendroib

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2013, 02:07:49 AM »
Thank you, it was a good summary.

Arlemus

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 04:23:03 AM »
My reasoning for each angel goes as follows:

Samandriel: Use against the warlock.  Almost (if not every) core creature for the warlock is dark, which Samandriel gets +1 against.  The chance for a daze off her attack also cripples aggro.

Selesius: Use against the forcemaster.  Winged Wing Blast (her full action attack) is unavoidable and sweeping, meaning the forcemaster can't use a defense against it, allowing you a decent chance of pushing her away if she's going aggro on you.  Also, the +2 against flying (along with the push) can mess with her thoughtspores. 

Valshalla:  She's the most generic angel, her usage is feels more based on your overall strategy rather than a fit against a certain situation.  Also, I haven't gotten to try her against a wizard, but I imagine the -2 to lightning works well against him.  Other than that just summon priests/gray angels and use them until they die I suppose.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer