April 28, 2024, 01:17:08 PM

Author Topic: Evolved Gameplay?  (Read 3100 times)

DarkForceMaster

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Evolved Gameplay?
« on: May 24, 2013, 11:03:30 AM »
Hello everyone,

I was just looking through the forums today and I see much discussion on the many different build for the different mages. I also notices that all of these discussions have 1 big similarity...........strategy switching. I think the game has evolved into a game of adapting. We adopt our first strategy at the beginning then depending on what the opponent does we react or adapt to a new or reinforced strategy. I like how this is because we have 50% of our deck toward our 1-3 different strategies and the other 50% towards reactions to what your opponent does. It brings in a more advanced thinking and creativity.
Evil acts are committed every day,
So therefore the world is evil.
I would have to disagree.
Yes, the world may be filled to the brim with darkness,
But, if we try, with a smile or a hug,
We can light it up.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Evolved Gameplay?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 12:17:33 PM »
Hello everyone,

I was just looking through the forums today and I see much discussion on the many different build for the different mages. I also notices that all of these discussions have 1 big similarity...........strategy switching. I think the game has evolved into a game of adapting. We adopt our first strategy at the beginning then depending on what the opponent does we react or adapt to a new or reinforced strategy. I like how this is because we have 50% of our deck toward our 1-3 different strategies and the other 50% towards reactions to what your opponent does. It brings in a more advanced thinking and creativity.

The game is certainly about adapting.  One dimensional builds and strategies are going to lose most times to a balanced build with flexibility.  Being unpredictable and keeping control of tempo are keys to this game.

I love how deep the game play is in this game.

DarkForceMaster

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 12:32:20 PM »
Ya I agree, the game is very deep and fun but its takes out of the box thinking and lots of playtesting and idea crunching.
Evil acts are committed every day,
So therefore the world is evil.
I would have to disagree.
Yes, the world may be filled to the brim with darkness,
But, if we try, with a smile or a hug,
We can light it up.

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 09:22:40 PM »
Hello everyone,

I think the game has evolved into a game of adapting. We adopt our first strategy at the beginning then depending on what the opponent does we react or adapt to a new or reinforced strategy.

Very much so. No matter how you are playing, you always have to consider what your opponent is doing. It is also easier to react in Mage Wars since you can pick any spell at any time. Not to diss magic the gathering, but in that game it was super difficult to be reactive when your cards were randomly selected.
"See you space cowboy..."