April 23, 2024, 01:52:01 PM

Author Topic: 2 vs 1 scenairo  (Read 5489 times)

TricksterHat

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
2 vs 1 scenairo
« on: April 27, 2013, 12:12:46 PM »
I had a loose idea for a 2 v 1 scenario that I hope to try one day.

The priestess vs two other mages. The priestess starts at one end of the board with perhaps 4 temples from the beginning. The two others mages have to work together to defeat her.

I have no idea of the balancing, but it could be fun to try mission-like setups.

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: 2 vs 1 scenairo
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 08:28:17 PM »
My friends and I have been trying to come up with a way to play with 3 mages and 1 board. We were trying to come up with a 2 vs. 1 variant where the person playing solo was stronger. Something like giving that player: maximum life; a starting mana value of 20; +2 to channeling; an extra action marker. Haven't tested it yet.
"See you space cowboy..."

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 09:30:29 PM »
Generally a 2 vs 1 is going to come down to a matter of action and spell efficiency.

Without giving a ton of effects, the fact that two mages have 4 spells vs her 2 each round before familiars and spawnpoints and such, and the ability to coordinate makes it pretty impossible on ones own. 

Having the ability to generate that many creatures, and that you have to go through double the ammount of key cards.. such as dissolves and dispells (the solo mage runs 2-3, but each of the other mages have 2-3 most likely meaning they can keep the solo mage unable to really equip or buff or debuff), or battle fury (each opponent having 2 copies per book means the solo has to endure a lot of damage)

The solo mage would have to have very powerful spells and effects to be able to generate any kind of tempo against 2 coordinated players.  Ive tinkered with the idea as well, but you pretty much have to invent an "archmage".

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 10:17:01 PM »
Generally a 2 vs 1 is going to come down to a matter of action and spell efficiency.

Without giving a ton of effects, the fact that two mages have 4 spells vs her 2 each round before familiars and spawnpoints and such, and the ability to coordinate makes it pretty impossible on ones own. 

Having the ability to generate that many creatures, and that you have to go through double the ammount of key cards.. such as dissolves and dispells (the solo mage runs 2-3, but each of the other mages have 2-3 most likely meaning they can keep the solo mage unable to really equip or buff or debuff), or battle fury (each opponent having 2 copies per book means the solo has to endure a lot of damage)

The solo mage would have to have very powerful spells and effects to be able to generate any kind of tempo against 2 coordinated players.  Ive tinkered with the idea as well, but you pretty much have to invent an "archmage".

Here would be my best attempt. The solo player gets:
1) +2 armor by default
2) double the normal life
3) channeling x2
4) 2 additional action markers
5) spellbook can have 240 points maximum

Idk... that is somewhat similar to taking two mages and squishing them into one...

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 10:21:46 PM »
How about this: The solo player picks any 2 mage ability cards and gets all abilities and sums all values, including channeling and health. All spells are considered level 1 in any trained school, untrained are considered trained, and opposed are untrained. If opposed by both, then opposed. The solo player may play any mage exclusive cards that correspond to either of the two chosen ability cards. The solo gets 2 quickcast markers, but only 1 action marker. The Solo starts the game at 0 mana.

Not sure how well that would work, but maybe it's a place to start?
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 10:57:34 PM »
How about this: The solo player picks any 2 mage ability cards and gets all abilities and sums all values, including channeling and health. All spells are considered level 1 in any trained school, untrained are considered trained, and opposed are untrained. If opposed by both, then opposed. The solo player may play any mage exclusive cards that correspond to either of the two chosen ability cards. The solo gets 2 quickcast markers, but only 1 action marker. The Solo starts the game at 0 mana.

Not sure how well that would work, but maybe it's a place to start?

I think 2 action markers might help more than 2 QC markers. With more action markers you could attack more times per round and move more often. Just an idea.