April 19, 2024, 06:38:58 AM

Author Topic: Guess the Future Expansions  (Read 20064 times)

Hey_Daralon

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Guess the Future Expansions
« on: April 25, 2013, 06:53:34 PM »
With Druid vs. Necromancer on the way, I got to thinking about what could happen next. So, here's a game to pass the time between expansions. Simply guess which two mages will appear next or which two you would like to see the most. You can pick any mages mentioned by Arcane Wonders or on the forum or mention your own idea. You don't have to explain how the mages will function (there's a huge thread for that), but simply give a reason for why you'd like to see it.
There seems to be a trend of mages of very different philosophies and playing styles being matched up with one another, on wikipedia these mages are mentioned:

Illusionist
Sorceror
Paladin

On the forums, we have lots of ideas like
Time Mage Chronomancer
Blood Mage Vampire
Seer Nightmare, Mindreader
Dragon Knight Dragoner, Dragoon
Elementalist
Wild Mage Trickster, Joker
Shapeshifter
Assassin Swordmaster
Artificer
Alchemist

Shaman
Geomancer
Technomancer

Just to name a few off the top of my head. If I forgot a mage that was officially announced or if there are a few that are very popular ideas, I'll try to keep this post updated.
But anyway, my bet is on Sorcerer vs. Paladin for the next one. I kind of like the idea of a Dark, all-magic, all-power mage vs. a Holy defender that focuses on weapons and armor. The one I would really like to see in the future would be something like Shaman vs. Technomancer. Old traditions up against science? Sounds like fun.
Well, what do you want to see? Let's see who can guess the most expansions over the next few years  :lol:

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Guess the Future Expansions
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 07:59:15 AM »
Can I play too?  :lol:
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Lightseed

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 12:24:27 PM »
Quote from: "Shad0w" post=11815
Can I play too?  :lol:

Be my guest. :D

Personaly i would like to see more poisons and some way to cure them. and that TIME mage sounds awsome. A Blade dancer sounds great.

The best of all is a MESMER that can mimic spells or creatures, and has joker-like creatures in his spellbook, creatures that take the shape and atack of some other on the board creature .(use a token to not forget which is the one creature it is mimicing) Also uses mirror and CLONE like spells. clone , mirror , mimic, and aoe disrupts are his speciality.

CaptainGeek

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 11:56:42 PM »
We already have Forcemaster vs. Warlord as the first expansion, so my guesses for the future start at expansion 2:

2. Druid vs. Necromancer (yeah, I know, already announced, so it isn't really a guess.).

3. Seer vs. Elementalist/Alchemist (or whatever you call someone who has access to all 4 elements).

4. Chronomancer vs. Archmage

And of course...
5. Shad0w vs. DarthDadaD20

Azuretide

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 07:58:29 PM »
Hehe I like all of those ideas.  As a playtester we get pricey to extra info. It's always fun to see what ideas people come up with.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2013, 08:36:01 PM »
Quote from: "CaptainGeek" post=11878
We already have Forcemaster vs. Warlord as the first expansion, so my guesses for the future start at expansion 2:

2. Druid vs. Necromancer (yeah, I know, already announced, so it isn't really a guess.).

3. Seer vs. Elementalist/Alchemist (or whatever you call someone who has access to all 4 elements).

And of course...

One day he may be able to usurp my throne but that is a long time off.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 09:15:12 AM »
Quote from: "CaptainGeek" post=11878

And of course...

I think they are trying to make the mages Balanced. Having a poor lowly Shad0w mage vs. The Dark Father of Random Occurrences is just unfair. Next you will suggest a worm vs. flamethrower expansion!  :lol:
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 09:59:33 AM »
Mages must battle and the spice must flow

You may fear our battle one day but remember.  
“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

? Frank Herbert, Dune

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2013, 02:09:23 PM »
3. Shaman(nature) vs Artificer (earth war, but with focus on machines/constructs. Creatures that can be attached to other creatures as enchantments or equipment a sounds awesome)
4. Paladin(holy war) vs Sorceror (dark arcane)
5. Alchemist(arcane and two elements) vs Sympath (arcane and mind)
6. Seer (Holy Mind) vs Illusionist (Dark mind)
7. Eliraz (uses runes, so has some training in arcane, likes to  copy and steal opponent's creatures and other spells) vs Hedge Witch (no particular training, has access to all non mage-specific spells)

It probably won't be in exactly the order I predicted though.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Ahlano

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2013, 11:27:00 PM »
im guessing after druid vs necro..we will see a mid expansion... a small one..like the kumanjaro one
with alternate mages, probably

Warlock (alternate) vs Wizzard or Warlord, or even Forcemaster... who knows..theres images on mage wars facebook :D of how they look.

just in case u havent looked at them:

http://i.imgur.com/JKmK9q1.jpg - Necromancer
http://i.imgur.com/mr79SBY.jpg - Druid
http://i.imgur.com/gUW9xBW.jpg - Alternate Dwarf Warlord
http://i.imgur.com/GKPs0jJ.jpg- Alternate Male ForceMaster
http://i.imgur.com/EMFtd7P.png - Alternate Female Wizard
http://i.imgur.com/jjBX4yR.jpg - Alternate Female Warlock
http://i.imgur.com/99dvDMm.jpg - My Dog (He could be a mage, you never know)
<3 beautifull
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 11:32:11 PM by Ahlano »
Warlock FTW, untill necro comes out ._.