April 29, 2024, 04:15:59 AM

Author Topic: Forcemaster Psylock help  (Read 4031 times)

Phillus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Forcemaster Psylock help
« on: April 18, 2013, 09:46:32 PM »
Any good way I can find the true flavor (use) of these cards. How do i use them? Why should i spend a full action to bring them out?

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Forcemaster Psylock help
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 03:42:37 PM »
Just random idea - use it to slowly get rid of some strong creatures, while Forcemaster focus on killing enemy Mage:
- it ignores armor, guards and comon resistances
- since Forcemaster uses a lot of pushes and force holds, that should not be a problem to put creature in Psylock's Zone
- it is flying, so it is harder to kill
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

piousflea

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 11:27:57 PM »
Psylocks deal damage that can't be mitigated by anything except for Aegis and Forcefield. It completely ignores Block, Reverse Attack, Dodge, Guard, Armor, etc.

Basically they are a hard counter to the "big melee creatures on Guard" strategy (such as knights of westlock or iron golems). Compared to Brogan (who is also designed to defeat armor+defense stacking) the Psylocks are considerably more cumbersome (requiring a full action) but are Flying so they cannot be beat down by the golems. (Unless your opponent uses Knockdown)

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 12:14:47 AM »
I feel like they were put in so that a Forcemaster "swarm" build could be done with several Psylocks and Thoughtspores (armed with attacks or support).  The Forcemaster can then use her push and pulls to shove around and drag around enemies or her minions.

Ive never tried such a build, but thats what I always had the sense of.  Since she doesn't have  a creature spawnpoint or a way to fire them out faster though, it just seems easier to play her more straightforward.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 03:09:41 PM »
Its hard to think of a "Thematically accurate" spawn point for the Forcemaster....but boy do I wish she had one!
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 05:46:02 PM »
I get why she doesn't though.  Theres so few Mind creatures and her triple cost for creatures out side that just puts them so far out of her theme that a creature spawn point is almost counter intuitive.  Plus her familiar is so good and non-legendary that such a spawnpoint would be really abusive.  It might as well be called "thoughtspore generator" as that would be what it got used for.