April 23, 2024, 04:55:57 PM

Author Topic: Map of Etheria  (Read 13396 times)

Ash

• Project Director / Designer
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • #DoubleDragon
    • View Profile
Map of Etheria
« on: April 15, 2013, 11:10:29 AM »
I know there is one included in the current organized play kit, but is there an image or pdf available for the map of Etheria?  I am working on a custom game type, and  I would like the reference for geographical accuracy.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
Re: Map of Etheria
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 11:36:44 AM »
I as well would enjoy one to print out and add to my map collection.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2014, 11:59:07 PM »
I would also like this. I need to know about how far Salenia is from Sortilege for my fanfiction, but I can't do that without a map. I hope the map (or at least part of the map) of Etheria is released soon. Merely having directions written verbally on the "nations of Etheria" page isn't enough. I need something visual.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 07:16:33 PM »
That is only a small section of the map. I did ask if it was going to be shown soon but been so busy on all ends have not heard word on it.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 08:54:09 PM »
It doesn't need to be the whole map. Just the regions we already know about. The giant phrase "WORLD OF ETHERIA" blocks a lot of the map from being visible on the lore page. Below that picture it talks about the countries, but not where they are in relation to each other.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Magnuzk

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 07:27:30 AM »
I'd find a map like that very useful, and I am also searching for it. I need it when I teach and demo Mage Wars to show where in the world we are and to help to set the mood for each player.

Magnus.
Etheria by Siljan, Dalarna, Sweden.
Mage Wars Ambassador, Sweden.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 05:06:32 PM »
I would also like to get my hands on such a map. I will be translating all sbout lore and fluff and this would help greatly :-)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

netzhuffle

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Swiss Mage Wars Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 07:04:09 PM »
On the German Mage Wars fanpage on Facebook you can see the map in German: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=302836023199002&set=a.183089965173609.1073741829.178570028958936&type=1
netzhuffle – Jannis Grimm, German Mage Wars Head Judge. headjudge@magewars.de

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 12:35:29 PM »
That is not the full map it is just a section of it. 8)
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Moloch

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2014, 05:27:01 AM »
Another Necro:
I'm a sucker for Lore as well and as there is no English map to be found atm the original question remains unanswered.
If we won't get the sweet pdf maybe someone with a turnament kit could be so kind to upload a photo of it?

Or did Arcane Wonders provide a map in the meantime, then it would still be nice to have a link posted here :)

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 10:39:09 PM »
My theory on the map and this has no backing by anyone official is that they do not want to flesh out the whole world in stone so they can expand it as needed with future kingdoms for expansions. If I had to choose between a big pretty map or an open ended number of expansions I would choose expansions in a heartbeat.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

Moloch

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2014, 11:10:37 AM »
I agree on that notion but there were already small maps published and would be nice to find them here.
I'm German so understanding the Map on Facebook works for me but I hate what the german translation does to mage wars and I could imagine someone could capture a much better picture of it as well ;-)

KosmosAlive

• Mage Wars Enthusiast
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The universe abounds with life, without a doubt.
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Zea - Project Website (Under Construction)
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2015, 12:40:00 AM »
Who would like to see an authentic Etherian board game on the scale of the Central Hearthlands?!

I have an idea in mind. Of course, a map of Etheria is critical to the geographic quality of the game.

Each player chooses and inherits one of the nations of Etheria, each equipped with their own territory, cities, resources, wonders, people, forces, and of course Mages.

The Wizards of Sortilege have the Bastion of Wonders
The Priests/esses of Westlock have the Mage Wars Arena (the central focus of the Mage aspect of the game - Mages literally pull creatures etc. from the surrounding regions to summon them to the Arena (mini version And/Or how about linked real time to the separate Map board?)
The Dwarf Warlords have the Anvil Throne,
. . . Any suggestions for the other Mages/nations?

This game will be focused more on the leaders of the nations/tribes/powers and their various forces, including Mages and creatures seen in Mage Wars. Spelcasting could be done using Mage Wars cards.

Think of the opportunities for adventure story/fan fiction creation; every game could unfold naturally as its own storyline.

The ultimate goal of the game would be to achieve victory through several means:
  • Earn Victory points according to your faction's objectives (i.e. Darkfenne's territory consuming is both a Victory scorer and an enhancing Ability / The Adramelech Warlocks gain points when Adramelech is wreaking havoc / Sortilege earns VP by recovering old and discovering new magical phenomena and inventions / The Bloodwave earns VP by conquering lands, similar to Darkfenne, except that their garrisons generate score differently from the Blight and undead fuel)

I look forward to hearing some more ideas! :D

As always,
Best Wishes,
--IronLegionnaire
  • While maintaining control of your nation's Capitol
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
-- Kosmos

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2015, 12:52:24 AM »
Risk: Mage Wars Edition...for those who think 3 hour games are for wimps......  ;D
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

jupiter999

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2015, 06:55:12 AM »
Risk: Mage Wars Edition...for those who think 3 hour games are for wimps......  ;D
Wow, smells like Mage Wars The Wargame!  ;D