April 28, 2024, 10:00:37 PM

Author Topic: Can we get official Apprentice expansion mages?  (Read 3642 times)

bholmes4

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Can we get official Apprentice expansion mages?
« on: April 06, 2013, 12:00:59 AM »
I know they are not recommended for expansion play but I am working on a card drafting/campaign variant that starts all mages as apprentices and then you build your book up from that base. Currently we only have apprentice books for the core mages and as a brand new player I don't trust my judgement when it comes to forming apprentice spell books for the new mages.  Besides even for regular play I am sure players would love to try the expansion mages out as apprentices.

If this isn't possible can I at least get an update for when a possible spell drafting expansion might be available? If it's going to be available soon I can just put this on the back-burner and wait, but if I am looking at 6 months or so I will continue to work on my variant. The problem is my friends would never build their decks in the traditional way. They would just be overwhelmed and wouldn't put in the time. However they WOULD slowly modify their decks over time if new spells become available in chunks and we could just do it at the table on one of our game days.

Or you can just let me playtest for you. I will gladly add my own ideas or suggestions  B)

Lightseed

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Can we get official Apprentice expansion mages?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 02:05:48 PM »
Start with the prebuild Spell list, or better the Updated Started Spell List , it is amazing for starting. And after 1 or 2 games with it go and tweak it as you see fit. It has already everything that you need in it, and room for improvement.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
Re: Can we get official Apprentice expansion mages?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 10:51:48 AM »
Welcome to the forums bholmes4.

I would suggest the same as Lightseed. Just let them take out a spell or two, and add some in as they see fit.

Say, one player who plays the wizard, really does not like the card Mana Leach, and wants to put in a fire spell of the same point value. Just set mana leach aside and switch it back out when they are done.

Really, in this game, its not so much what spells you have in your book....its what you do with them. (And when you do it.)
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.