April 29, 2024, 05:52:38 AM

Author Topic: Finally got some games in  (Read 9229 times)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Finally got some games in
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 03:35:05 PM »
Quote from: "Klaxas" post=1221
i understand that but personaly squad based combat doesnt feel like a DoaM game.  it feels like a miniatures game.   i think we are just going to have to agree to disagree on this lol

I completely agree :P  

For those who do not know Klax and I met at Gencon. I this is nothing more than lively discussion between two people who know each other. It was supposed to be read in a sarcastic and joking manner. I guess it hard to get that from these posts if you do not know us. I am sorry if this was taken differently.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 05:11:43 PM »
definaely.  i hope no one thought we were upset at eachother or anything.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 05:47:23 PM »
Klax I would say that MW at its core is a combination between Anachronism and games like MTG. I used to play Anachronism at a nation competitive level and Mage Wars just does duels better. You get the strategy of deck building and also the flow of a minis games. I think this is why it appeals to such a wide variety of people.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 06:57:49 PM »
that statement i would agree with although i have never played anachronism.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2012, 07:11:54 AM »
Klax at this point lets see what other people think. We talked enough about this :P

piousflea

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2012, 12:55:10 PM »
Myself and my friends have taken to calling Mage Wars "card game Total Annihilation". The building of structures followed by an assault on the enemy Mage (Commander) feels an awful lot like the 1990's RTS game. (the original - not Supreme Commander)

And binding Firestorm to a wand can kill a crapload of units like the commander's D-gun. =)

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 01:19:47 PM »
very true ive tried the firestorm wand thing very nice.  only downside is its not a quick cast so you have to stand still to fire.  but then you can put teleport in a mage wand.......  but that does get rather mana intensive lol

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 10:57:35 AM »
Quote from: "Klaxas" post=1247
very true ive tried the firestorm wand thing very nice.  only downside is its not a quick cast so you have to stand still to fire.  but then you can put teleport in a mage wand.......  but that does get rather mana intensive lol

Your gonna love some of the new Zone spells we are working on. It would be nice for player to get some thing like a "Rain of Stone"  :whistle: or possible a blizzard type spell.