May 05, 2024, 01:19:17 AM

Author Topic: Asyra's Judgement  (Read 4820 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Asyra's Judgement
« on: December 03, 2015, 05:55:31 PM »
Incantation
quick action
costs 9 mana
range: 0-2
Target: mage
Epic
Magecast

Target gains life +6 and is stunned.

What do you think?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2015, 09:26:25 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Nareus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Asyra's Judgement
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 10:56:40 AM »
Incantation
quick action
costs 9 mana
range: 0-2
Target: mage
Epic
Magecast

Target gains life +6 and is stunned.

What do you think?
It seems fair, but at the same time it doesn't make much sense. Asyra's mad at you so she gives you more life.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Evil is not necessary for good to exist. However, good is necessary for evil to exist, as all that is evil is a corruption of that which is good.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 03:46:27 PM »
You might consider a variable effect based on the training of the mage that is the target of AJ. For example, Dark Mages -6 Life while Holy mages + 6 Life.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 04:35:00 PM »
You might consider a variable effect based on the training of the mage that is the target of AJ. For example, Dark Mages -6 Life while Holy mages + 6 Life.

That sounds blatantly OP. The reason I came up with this idea was beause I was thinking of what it would be like if there was a card with a 100% stun chance, and how powerful that would be, and how that could be balanced. The idea of Asyra's judgement is that when used on yourself it increases your life by 6 (7 with Divine Reward) at the cost of stunning you, but that's not as much of an issue if you have enough action advantage. Or it can be used to stun the enemy mage at a crucial moment at the cost of giving them 6 life. 100% stun chance is very powerful, and to be able to use it whenever you want is very powerful, which is why I thought of the +6 life idea.

It can either help or hurt the target mage, depending on whether they're an ally or an enemy and when the spell is cast, even though the effect is exactly the same in all cases, the context would really matter. It seems to fit with the kind of poetic justice that I imagine that Asyra would be fond of, based on what we've seen of her characterization so far.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.