Mage Wars > Mages

favorite mage

<< < (2/4) > >>

zot:
see everyone is getting it. simple short statements about their wrong choice and about how lame their choice is, which is obvious when you consider the awesomeness of the wizard. nicely done folks.

Karadox:
Necromancer, all other Mages rot away and serve me as zombies after they passed away.

Sailor Vulcan:

--- Quote from: zot on January 31, 2018, 03:08:00 PM ---see everyone is getting it. simple short statements about their wrong choice and about how lame their choice is, which is obvious when you consider the awesomeness of the wizard. nicely done folks.

--- End quote ---

Dude, I can't tell if you're joking or being serious. The wizard was never overpowered in the conventional sense. He used sheer spellbook point advantage to force all other mages to choose between being able to deal with the wizard vs being able to deal with non-wizards who ignored the wizard matchup.

And no one except the wizard had enough spell points to deal with both.

And the reason for the wizard's advantage in spell points was because of his overly flexible training and having virtually unlimited uses of his attack spells because of wizard tower having spellbind. When combined with his in school access to both elemental wand and Mage wand, this meant that he was the only mage with three different in school sources of spellbind, while all other mages had only one, except for the Forcemaster who could summon multiple spores, but those spores were easier to kill than the tower and she didn't have much other in school creature support besides them.

In short, before the errata the wizard was able to include significantly more spells in his decks than any other mage could while still being competitive, and this meant he had more tools for each matchup. Anyone who didn't specifically design their spellbooks to hate against wizards in particular would get trounced.

That isn't the case anymore though. The wizard is a lot more fun to play and play against nowadays.

Forcemaster is my favorite btw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

farkas1:
Straywood beastmaster is my favorite.

Siren has been a lot of fun lately.  Don't think it will ever surpass the beastmaster but to lay down a tsnumai is always fun or terrifying depending on who is playing it.

Puddnhead:

--- Quote from: Sailor Vulcan on January 31, 2018, 06:44:49 PM ---
--- Quote from: zot on January 31, 2018, 03:08:00 PM ---see everyone is getting it. simple short statements about their wrong choice and about how lame their choice is, which is obvious when you consider the awesomeness of the wizard. nicely done folks.

--- End quote ---

Dude, I can't tell if you're joking or being serious. The wizard was never overpowered in the conventional sense. He used sheer spellbook point advantage to force all other mages to choose between being able to deal with the wizard vs being able to deal with non-wizards who ignored the wizard matchup.

And no one except the wizard had enough spell points to deal with both.

And the reason for the wizard's advantage in spell points was because of his overly flexible training and having virtually unlimited uses of his attack spells because of wizard tower having spellbind. When combined with his in school access to both elemental wand and Mage wand, this meant that he was the only mage with three different in school sources of spellbind, while all other mages had only one, except for the Forcemaster who could summon multiple spores, but those spores were easier to kill than the tower and she didn't have much other in school creature support besides them.

In short, before the errata the wizard was able to include significantly more spells in his decks than any other mage could while still being competitive, and this meant he had more tools for each matchup. Anyone who didn't specifically design their spellbooks to hate against wizards in particular would get trounced.

That isn't the case anymore though. The wizard is a lot more fun to play and play against nowadays.

Forcemaster is my favorite btw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

--- End quote ---

Dude, Sailor.  Never feed Trolls.   ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version