May 03, 2024, 07:36:29 AM

Author Topic: GENCON 2015 Tournament  (Read 38838 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: GENCON 2015 Tournament
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2015, 09:46:01 AM »
Yeah the logic probably being something along the lines of, if you notice that mostly one type of mage makes it to Day 2 you could alter your book to better meet that particular challenge.

• Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2015, 11:12:38 AM »
For those that make the cut to the second day, do they have to play the same list, or can we play one on Friday and a different one on Saturday?

Same book. Aall books are registered and there are random deck checks on day one. As well as uppion arrival on day 2.

Last year they gave out promos while we were playing (which is awesome) and I wasn't thinking and put it in the back of my book (I didn't use them) and had a mini freak out after the game I was playing that my book would randomly get chosen and I would get booted. I could just imagine the question of why do you have a wolverine in your book>?
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2015, 11:00:46 PM »
For those that make the cut to the second day, do they have to play the same list, or can we play one on Friday and a different one on Saturday?

Same book. Aall books are registered and there are random deck checks on day one. As well as uppion arrival on day 2.

Berserker Barrage?
Last year they gave out promos while we were playing (which is awesome) and I wasn't thinking and put it in the back of my book (I didn't use them) and had a mini freak out after the game I was playing that my book would randomly get chosen and I would get booted. I could just imagine the question of why do you have a wolverine in your book>?
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

vlad3theimpaler

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2015, 02:22:28 AM »
Yeah the logic probably being something along the lines of, if you notice that mostly one type of mage makes it to Day 2 you could alter your book to better meet that particular challenge.
Of course, though, everyone else would have that same option, so if you tweak your book based on the popularity of mage X, you might show up the next day and find them all playing mage Y instead.

I know in other games I've played that allow separate lists for different days, some players will deliberately bring their second best build to day 1 so that they don't tip their hand about their build for the finals.

I don't really have a preference either way, I just wanted to make sure I knew which method was being used.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

Hanma

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2015, 02:22:03 AM »
I'll be there! Super pumped!

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2015, 12:01:06 AM »
Which cards are legal for play at GenCon?
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2015, 09:33:30 AM »
I know everything up to Forged in Fire is legal. I'm thinking Domination is as well but would like confirmation on that.

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2015, 10:52:20 AM »
I know everything up to Forged in Fire is legal. I'm thinking Domination is as well but would like confirmation on that.

I was thinking that Arena preorders were going to pickup-able at GenCon. If so then they're legal as well.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2015, 07:51:15 PM »

I was thinking that Arena preorders were going to pickup-able at GenCon. If so then they're legal as well.

As well as what? Everything up to FiF? That and Domination?

What is included in Arena that isn't included in everything up to FiF?

Is there a card list from Domination so I can look through my promos to see if any of them are valid (if indeed Domination cards are legal for the tourney)?

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2015, 10:58:10 PM »
If you go to the General Discussion and check the Domination Spoilers thread the whole sets there.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2015, 06:46:39 AM »
If you go to the General Discussion and check the Domination Spoilers thread the whole sets there.

Thanks. Can anyone tell me if I need to bother? Is the Domination card set usable in the tournament?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2015, 11:24:28 AM »
Dave, I should have an answer for you tomorrow. Though currently I do not think so, as domination was prereleased at origins. But Like I said, I'll have an answer tomorrow.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2015, 11:42:41 AM »
I would hope the battlegrounds cards would be legal at gen con. They will have been street legal for almost a month.

That is presuming they are out this upcoming week as planned.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2015, 11:51:16 AM »
Whoever wrote the article (I thought it was you Laddinfance):

Dominate the Arena: Origins!

Has a line below the Raincloud image that states:

This means that they are now available for all players and legal in all tournaments, including the upcoming Gen Con Mage Wars Championship!

Has that changed?
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 05, 2015, 02:07:54 PM »
That is exactly what I'm checking.