May 03, 2024, 05:39:01 AM

Author Topic: Reverse Magic and Nullify  (Read 6566 times)

alex02144

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Reverse Magic and Nullify
« on: December 17, 2012, 09:52:18 PM »
As one can put both of these enchantments on a creature what happens when a creature with both is targeted?  Do both activate or can you activate one, counter the spell, and leave the other face down?  Similar question for Block and Reverse Attack

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
Re: Reverse Magic and Nullify
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 10:02:22 PM »
Why would you do that?
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

alex02144

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 10:10:47 PM »
Because if you only have to use one at a time it can be a devastating combo.  Also, if they seeking dispel one of them you still have the other to protect your Mage or creature.

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 12:25:33 AM »
Both spells have the text: "When this creature is targeted by an incantation or enchantment spell controlled by an opponent, you must reveal..."

If you must reveal, then you must reveal.

As this is a timing issue that affects you, you may choose in what order the effects occur, remember that you can always choose not to pay for an enchantment if you don't want to.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 08:47:23 AM »
Quote from: "alex02144" post=5409
Because if you only have to use one at a time it can be a devastating combo.  

As Drealin points out they would both trigger as you are required to Reveal them at the same time and on the same trigger so both would be used on the same attack.

Quote from: "alex02144" post=5409
Also, if they seeking dispel one of them you still have the other to protect your Mage or creature.

This is true but since they both cover the same type of spells and have the same trigger you'd be wasting them once a spell was cast that they protect against. You can't stack protection like that in Mage Wars
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 04:57:47 PM »
I think I have this all twisted in my head wrong. If my mage has a Nullify attached but hidden, what would happen if the opposing mage revealed a Reverse Attack or Reverse Magic when say my mage melee made attack on him?. Since both of those Enchantments are not targeted at me until reveal time is the Nullify still effective?
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2013, 10:45:51 PM »
If I understand your question correctly your opponent's act of revealing either a reverse attack or reverse magic will not trigger the mandatory reveal on your nullify.

In the case of the reverse magic the spell that was reversed back at you will trigger your nullify.