May 03, 2024, 06:56:53 AM

Author Topic: Damage barrier cards  (Read 5339 times)

bowlkart

Damage barrier cards
« on: September 13, 2012, 07:37:44 AM »
The warlock armor and circle of lightning add damage barrier that gives counter attack. Would rings add to the dice rolled if you had fire ring or lightning ring for either of them.

Tllmdjd

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Damage barrier cards
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 08:26:16 AM »
Page 31 explains damage barriers in detail.

To answer your question, yes...traits on either creature (defender or attacker) can modify the damage barrier roll.

On another note, damage barrier is not a counter attack.  That is an entirely separate step in the attack sequence.

Damage barriers and counter attacks are different in two important ways. Damage barriers only go off if the attacker does damage to the defender, counter attacks go off regardless. Second, damage barriers go off even if the attacker does enough damage to kill the defender. Counter attacks do not.

Hope this helps.

bowlkart

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 09:03:51 AM »
Thank you for the clarification. So melee + won't add put a lightning ring would add to circle of lightning.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 09:20:34 AM »
actually this is incorrect.  the +lightning ring in effect gives you melee +1 and ranged +1 on all attacks that have the lightning damage type.  a damage barrier is neither a melee nor a ranged attack.(as noted in the attack bar) its attack type is instead damage barrier.  so the lightning ring does not add to the damage roll.  so far nothing adds to the damage roll of a barrier.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Tllmdjd

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 09:59:45 AM »
To be completely accurate, nothing on the defender so far adds.  However, there are plenty of creatures with +X(damage type) traits which would add to damage barrier rolls in which they are the attacker.  

For example, if the Wizard has on a damage barrier which causes lightning damage, and he is attacked by a creature with a +2 lightning damage on him then the attacker will take two extra dice rolls of lightning damage on the damage barrier roll.

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 05:21:58 PM »
That is correct sir!  

In future sets we will release enchantments that add Damage Types to your attack ("Electrify Sword") or add Dice Modifiers to a target (so you can increase their Flame vulnerability).

Imagine stacking up on all the Flame -1 and Flame -2 equipment and enchantments on your Mage.  Then drop cheap "flame attack" enchantments on enemy creatures so they deal harmless Flame damage to your Mage.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2012, 07:23:00 AM »
now thats just mean lol
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 07:23:52 AM »
What would make it even funnier is if you wait to flip the enchantment till just before the roll the dice.

Player 1 B) I have you now with my 6 dice attack.
Player 2  :ohmy:  Oh No what  will I do....
Player 2 I know (flip) now your attack is fire and its flame -4  :P
Player 1  :S
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage