May 04, 2024, 10:17:20 AM

Author Topic: Core Spell Tome 2 - 2nd EPIC cards?  (Read 9181 times)

SeanDeCoy

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Core Spell Tome 2 - 2nd EPIC cards?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 11:45:16 AM »
Hey guys,

Thanks for the feedback. We're trying our best to make everyone happy, but sometimes that's not always the case. The major feedback we got after releasing the Core Set and the Core Spell Tome 1, was that there was no effective way to buy copies of ALL cards in the game. We tried our hardest not to put any Epic and Legendary spells in the CST1, and instead focus entirely on utility spells that all players can use. However, it's very hard to predict what each individual player's situation will be like. Some of them play with one set, some play with three. Another thing is that some players will run more than one spellbook of the same mage (Maybe they have a fire Warlock and a curse Warlock, etc.) We decided it would make the most sense to have the CST2 compliment the CST1 by retaining the entire REST of the amount of cards not currently available at the Core Spell Tome price point.

As always, we're listening to feedback and we'll try and evolve our product releases to include items that will get players what they want.

Thanks!

Vadi88

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 04:36:01 PM »
Quote from: "Twilight Seraph" post=5387
I'm finding it hard to believe out of 110 cards, 3 is considered 'a lot'.

I mean in the future expansions, tomes. So 2 copies of these "epic X mage only" type cards are ok, but no more.

the_iron_troll

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2012, 11:46:00 AM »
Thanks for the hard work Sean, I think you guys made the right choice with Core Spell Tome 2.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 07:46:15 PM »
I dont mind extra epics on hand, as I like to have numerous decks on hand, often with multiples of the same mage type, and at times each with copies of certain epics.

given the choice, Id rather the epics be included in the expansions over the core set being the only reliable way to find more.