May 04, 2024, 05:46:34 AM

Author Topic: Organized Play  (Read 30990 times)

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
Re: Organized Play
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2013, 01:05:17 AM »
Is the holiday organized play kit still avaliable to retailers?  I'd like my retailer to order a 2nd one to tide over our op group until Arcane Wonders announces the next one.  Im betting there won't be a new one for Feburary.  I figured we could just play through the 1st one a 2nd time.
Si vis pacem para bellum

SeanDeCoy

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2013, 10:21:32 AM »
I would contact your retailer and ask them to order another one through their distributor. On my end I'll check to see if we have any left over in our fulfillment center.

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2013, 10:32:54 PM »
No need.  Already tracked one down.  Thank you for your help though...
Si vis pacem para bellum

d5hernan

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2013, 12:44:42 AM »
Can our local game board store still get an OPKIT ?

Cross

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2013, 08:47:29 PM »
Are the Forcemaster and Warlord allowed in tournament play or..
is only the core 4 mages and the cards from those sets allowed?

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 04, 2013, 03:02:19 PM »
This was already answered in another thread ;)  Cards are legal on release date
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Gogo

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 08, 2013, 04:57:32 PM »
I got interested in Mage Wars a few weeks ago and have only played twice.

Competition is very important to me. I love the game, but OP is what will keep me around. I'm curious on what big tournaments are upcoming or at least when we'll be informed about them. By big tournaments I mean ones worth traveling for that I could make my money back. In the recent Unplugged interview, a nationals was mentioned.

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2013, 12:02:18 PM »
How would you recommend a player go about convincing their LGS to host some OP?  I attended the Pittsburgh demo (played with Enrico from Play Unplugged, met Pat, lots of fun!)  and with how well that went and how much I enjoy the game, I really want to see MW prosper like it deserves to (or at least do what I can as a player to help towards that end).  Should I gather some friends and talk to the store owner about picking a particular weekday to host OP?  Basically, I just want to know the best way to approach my LGS so the owner knows the interest in MW OP is there so that he supports us as soon as possible.  I'm currently learning how to host demos, so I figure this info will help with that too.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Sarkath

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2013, 07:19:51 AM »
Just keep on the owner about it. I have about a dozen demos under my belt now and am probably getting the 2nd OP kit. I am the only one that owns the game in the Greensburg area that plays at my FLGS, so people will be using my starter spellbooks. (Kind of the only reason I haven't done much customizing, althoughI have two sets of Forcemaster things now. Thanks Patrick!)

tccchris

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2013, 02:06:43 PM »
Hey guys, I just got my OP Kit in, and I was wondering about the timetable for everything.  Our store is going to be expanding it's hours on April 20th and I was planning on doing Mage Wars at that available time from that point forward. Is there a date limit on the submission of results or anything that would interfere with that?

-Chris

rwould

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2013, 09:49:56 AM »
As we seem to have enough interest now I am interested in running an event in the UK.  Is it possible to get a pack shipped over?

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2013, 04:47:31 AM »
I would like to ask, is it normal that some stores in my country are selling those kits to players?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2013, 06:42:50 PM »
Is the next kit: Unholy Tides, available for retailers to order yet?  I just saw it previewed on the dice tower origins video.
Si vis pacem para bellum

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2013, 12:43:48 PM »
OP Kit 3 is out now - I already have 4 but I got in direct from AW. I did not see if alliance had it yet.

In large events the only cards that a legal are from sets that are for sale publicly. For example CoK was not for sale outside of Origins so it was not legal for tourney play. As far as at a local level the TO and judge should choose if promos are legal for play. At my local shops I allow all promos.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2013, 01:15:34 PM »
Is it possible for stores (retailers?) outside US aka Europe to order some of those Organized Play kits?

What is a OP kit excately btw?

kr