May 05, 2024, 05:05:32 AM

Author Topic: Arraxian Crown OCTGN: I WANNA PUNCH YOU!  (Read 6541 times)

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Arraxian Crown OCTGN: I WANNA PUNCH YOU!
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2017, 07:18:37 AM »
I´ve "only" got about 10 games in February with AC Warlock.

As expected playing vs mages that uses living creatures is what you really want. And im having trouble if their creatures are to big. Having 8 mana in reserve for something like a Grizzly is not that easy.

So id much rather face a Druid with cheap creatures like Vine Snappers than somebody with more expensive creatures.

Im in trouble vs Solo mages and especially vs Necros.

Thats one reason i dont really consider Afflicted Demons. They are pretty good and all, but will do absolutely no good for me in my worst matchup. I might include 1 in some AC Warlock books, just to try them out.

Kharne, Horned Demon (+1 Melee/opp) is a guy i might include. If you are playing vs somebody who uses a creature spawnpoint, you might often end up being behind in creatures. So Kharne might be usefull. I have a feeling that his just a bad timberwolf.

Drakas Imp Overlord (+1 Melee all other friendly demons) seem to be made for swarms. But wait with Demonhide Mask my Warlock would get Melee +1 also. Still he has to whip one other friendly demon in upkeep.

Id rather talk about a couple of small guys:

Firefist Brawler (1 dice any crits= place a burn token) i could see him as a Bloodreaper. Dramatic increase in damage burns and heal 2 :)

Combustion Demon might work with Wildfire Imp swarm and Pentagram. Bloodreaper well you might.

Firebrand Imp is the classic low-level Bloodreaper. Still a good choise.

All tree guys just seems to be so easy to kill, so maybe not.

Both Skellies and Zombies are pretty solid choises for Warlock creatures - i wont go much into that. Good if you meet a Necro but more or less turning down the Bloodreaper ability.

For other creatures im only going to mention 2:

Necropian Vampire - a really good classic choise. In almost any book - she just last a bit longer than other living creatures.

Cervere - not because i suggest putting him in a Warlock book, but he is a good example of the perfect Rise Again candidate. Zombies are slow, and even if Chant of Rage can help - a normal speed zombie is still nice.

One thing i would love to get better at is playing without a creature spawnpoint vs someone who has one. Comes up a lot, not only in my Goran Warlock but in many other books.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever