May 05, 2024, 11:05:36 PM

Author Topic: Question about Force Bash and Wall Bash  (Read 2888 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Question about Force Bash and Wall Bash
« on: July 05, 2017, 03:20:43 PM »
If Force Bash pushes a creature against a wall, will the creature still be slammed after the wall bash? Or does the target have to actually leave the zone in order to be slammed? And if it does get slammed after wall bash, can you still slam another creature in the same zone? The text on the card seems a bit confusing and it's not clear what the intent is.

Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Enti

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Question about Force Bash and Wall Bash
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 03:36:30 PM »
Hmmm, after reading the card the answer seems obvious? (Though, that doesn't mean it has to be correct^^)

If Force Bash pushes a creature against a wall, will the creature still be slammed after the wall bash?
=> Card text: "Target receives the slam condition"

Or does the target have to actually leave the zone in order to be slammed?
=> It's not written on the card to be a prerequisite.

And if it does get slammed after wall bash, can you still slam another creature in the same zone?
Card text: "If target is pushed into a zone with other creatures, you may choose[...]"

Doesn't happen here. Thus you cannot give another creature slam.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 03:37:39 PM »
Force Bash only gives a Slam condition when it moves one zone through a push. If it hits a wall for a Bash attack (Non-passage Walls), then it did not move 1 zone and thus would not get slammed. Also if you Bash with Force Bash then you cannot place a Slam on a second creature because you did not move a zone as well.

Hope that answers all your questions!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Enti

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 03:59:54 PM »
So much for "it's clearly stated on the card itself" (that the actual push is not a requirement for the slam^^)

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 09:24:36 PM »
So much for "it's clearly stated on the card itself" (that the actual push is not a requirement for the slam^^)

It clearly states on the card that it gets the slam condition "if the push moved the target."

I have to think that moving the target means that it has to change zones, since that is what is done when you take a move action.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2017, 11:28:21 PM »

It clearly states on the card that it gets the slam condition "if the push moved the target."

I have to think that moving the target means that it has to change zones, since that is what is done when you take a move action.

It received errata to clarify this. The first printing of the card lacked that wording, so Enti may just have an outdated copy.

First Printing: "Target receives the Slam condition"
Later Printings: "If the Push moved the target, give it the Slam condition"

All errata and rulings on specific cards can be found in the Official Rules and Codex Supplement.

Enti

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 08:56:56 AM »
Ahhh, yes, that explains it. I read the old card.

The new card clealy states that you need to move for the slam to occur - thus I presume  that Sailor did only read the old cardtext as well hence the confusion?