May 14, 2024, 05:21:36 AM

Author Topic: War school, the neighborhood bicycle  (Read 7027 times)

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: War school, the neighborhood bicycle
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2016, 01:38:20 PM »
It feels to me that the Warlord being the only war Mage, is at an disadvantage simply because of the novice spells.
This combined with triple arcane is very crippling when constructing a good all around arena deck, atleast in my experience.

If we take this into consideration when we're building a deck, how many mages are using the novice spells from the war school? Most players I play on Octagon have the leather armor, brace yourself and guard in most of their decks.

Outside the war school, what novice card do you encounter?
Honestly I've only encounterd arcane ward and decoy frequently.

Imagine you've your favorite deck with any other mage, and realize you've to cut about 5-6 spell book points. That's very annyoing to deal with and you'll have to cut something you really dont want to.
This is how I feel building my Warlord decks!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 01:40:07 PM by Drefan »
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
Octagon user: Drefan

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2016, 06:16:01 PM »
You cannot count novice spells into any school and count benefits some mages have. To compare benefits in schools you should erase all novice spell out of your head.
Paying triple for arcane is a big disadvantage. So are all triple prices. Not being able to use x-mage-only is a big part of making mages feel different by setting some mages in special positions. If this is not well balanced it is unfair.

But that everybody is paying the same but “by mage-school it would have been the better feeling that some pay more“ is not an argument. It is an illusion. It is fair because it is simply cheap for all mages.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2016, 11:26:12 PM »
that's right: we have to see novice spells as if they were in no school (they are only in a thematic purpouse).

... after that, if the warlords have nothing good they are bad mages!

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 07:26:58 AM »
(4 with harshforge plate, which will likely be a cantrip now, ergo costing 12 mana to dissolve or crumble).
Crumble doesn't target mage so it's unaffected by Harshforge Plate.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)