May 01, 2024, 11:01:39 PM

Author Topic: Copyright law for custom cards  (Read 3715 times)

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Copyright law for custom cards
« on: February 08, 2014, 10:48:20 AM »
Hello all,

I had a quick question about copyright/trademark laws. I've been making some custom cards with inspiration from existing literature. For example, I am a huge fan of ASOIAF, aka Game of Thrones, and have been making some GoT themed cards, along with some from other books/shows.

I was wondering if I am able to post those cards on these forums or not. I know most of the time you can use other peoples' work as long as you give them credit, but I do not know if this applies here since the cards would be up here and other people would be able to then right-click on the card and then save it to their computer.

Any knowledge would be appreciated,
-Lord0fWinter
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Re: Copyright law for custom cards
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 03:39:39 PM »
Does anybody have any idea regarding this?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 03:50:03 PM by Lord0fWinter »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Copyright law for custom cards
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 04:08:57 PM »
I really have no clue. You might have to give them credit in the image or file itself so that it transfers when saved. That is purely a guess however.