May 01, 2024, 06:34:09 PM

Author Topic: Slaughter Him  (Read 3914 times)

Gizzu

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Slaughter Him
« on: February 05, 2014, 03:05:34 AM »
SLAUGHTER !

Incantation
War 2 / Command

Cost: 6 mana
Range: Arena
Warlord Only

Non-Mage Corporeal Creature

As long as you control equal or less creatures than your opponent,all opposing creatures loses, and cannot gain, Defense. Put a marker on them in order to remember the affected creature(s).

A little help for the 'poor' Warlord!  ;D

CYA,
G.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 07:28:40 AM by Gizzu »

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Slaughter Him
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 11:30:05 AM »
Defense becomes less valuable the more creatures your opponent has anyways. If you want this spell to really be useful, it should be as long as you have fewer creatures.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Slaughter Him
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 12:29:04 PM »
The thing about defenses is that you can only use a maximum of one per attack, and most defenses can only be used once per round. As far as I know, there are no defenses usable by a mage that can be used more than once per round.

Considering this, multiple defenses on any creature are better off for solo and few big/buddy strategies.
Mages with more creatures aren't going to care as much about defenses on their own side because they have more creature actions to attack and guard. I think most mages that aren't solo or few big will either put a defense or two on an important creature or use a creature with an innate defense.

Also, defenses are not that significant a problem for the warlord. He has sniper shot and perfect strike and also Morning Star coming out, and those are just the in school options.

Also, if this is an incantation I think it's effect should be just until end of round the target creature cannot use defenses or, destroy target enchantment that gives a defense. Why prevent a creature from having any defenses ever  if the defenses aren't that helpful for that creatures survival, or if you're not planning to attack and destroy them over the course of more than one round rather than just one. If that were the case, it world only be useful against a mage or an important non mage creature.

However, an incantation with a permanent defense removal effect that can target a mage would be WAY OP IMO. It would only be useful against a long lasting creature  that used a lot of defenses, in which case either you're better off stopping that creature with a bit of position control or it's the enemy mage.

It would be extremely situational since it would basically only ever be helpful against a mage that relies a lot on defenses, but when facing that mage it would neuter them.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 12:34:06 PM by Imaginator »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Gizzu

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Slaughter Him
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2014, 07:29:01 AM »
Post edited...

CYA
G.