May 05, 2024, 02:28:38 AM

Author Topic: Colossus Belt  (Read 2235 times)

Ravepig

• Ambassador
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Colossus Belt
« on: May 04, 2016, 02:51:49 PM »
Anybody ever use the Colossus Belt? With the other belts- Regrowth and Veterans, I'm struggling to find a reason to ever use the Colossus belt. Thoughts?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell. – Carl Jung

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: Colossus Belt
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 03:36:17 PM »
Tough is one of those traits that's really hard to make work unless you've already got some. Yes tough-2 is good but it's way better at -4 or -6. The only mages that realty get to flex the"tough-" muscle at all are the Anvil throne warlord who comes with tough- 2 and the beastmasters who, with animal kinships can stack tough to- 4or-6 easily. Anyone else who has no other way of applying a stack of tough beyond the colossus belts -2.
That having been said tough is a pretty great trait if you want to stack it with elemental -# that come from various chest armors or the elemental cloak. The colossus belt and Chitin armor from octgn promos nets you effectively acid- 5 on the effect die which is huge! Acid ball goes from 100% effective for one corrode to a little under 60% for one corrode. Not to shabby. Again though that belts usefulness is limited and with the other belts available i honestly don't see very many colossus belts being played. Just my 2 cents
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: Colossus Belt
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 03:46:47 PM »
Tough is one of those traits that's really hard to make work unless you've already got some. Yes tough-2 is good but it's way better at -4 or -6. The only mages that realty get to flex the"tough-" muscle at all are the Anvil throne warlord who comes with tough- 2 and the beastmasters who, with animal kinships can stack tough to- 4or-6 easily. Anyone else who has no other way of applying a stack of tough beyond the colossus belts -2.
That having been said tough is a pretty great trait if you want to stack it with elemental -# that come from various chest armors or the elemental cloak. The colossus belt and Chitin armor from octgn promos nets you effectively acid- 5 on the effect die which is huge! Acid ball goes from 100% effective for one corrode to a little under 60% for one corrode. Not to shabby. Again though that belts usefulness is limited and with the other belts available i honestly don't see very many colossus belts being played. Just my 2 cents

I would agree 100%...

... except ...

I recently faced an Anvil Throne Warlord who surprised me by running a Colossus Belt.  I think he was running 3 belts (Veterans Belt AND Colossus Belt AND either Wychwood Ironvine or Regrowth Belt), and he swapped out Veterans for Colossus partly so he could put a particular Rune in it.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster