May 14, 2024, 09:33:04 PM

Author Topic: Druid Hold The Line!  (Read 2757 times)

GeorgeFalcon

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • It's impossible to channel 1.21 Gigawatts!
    • View Profile
Druid Hold The Line!
« on: September 09, 2014, 04:59:43 PM »
Equipment

1x Moonglow Amsulet
2x Mage Wand
1x Druid's Leaf Ring
1x Vinewhip Staff
1x Gauntlets of Strength
1x Bearskin
1x Elemental Cloak
1x Eagleclaw Boot
1x Dispel Wand
Conjurations

2x Mana Flower
2x Corrosive Orchid
2x Nightshade lotus
2x Tanglevine
1x Etherian Lifetree
1x Vine Tree
1x Enchanter's Wardstone

Creatures

1x Togorah
4x Vine Snapper
4x Thornlasher'1x tataree

Enchantments

1x Main wings
2x Reverse Magic
1x Barkskin
2x Harmonize
1x Bull Endurance
2x Nullify
2x Rhino Hide
1x Hawkeye
1x Vampirisim
1x Rust
2x Mind Shield
1x Reverse Attack
2x Bear Strength

Incantations

1x Renewing Rain
1x Dissolve
1x Disarm
1x Defend
2x Seeking Dispel

Attacks

1x Acid Ball
  • Favourite Mage: Sortilege Wizard
Roads for what we're playing we don't need roads.

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
Re: Druid Hold The Line!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2014, 05:21:24 PM »
How are you planning to kill the enemy mage? It looks very good defensively but what incentive does the enemy mage have to approach all those enchanted rooted creatures? I just see this playing out with your stuff being ranged attacked from a safe distance, a game of tag with the enemy mage where he stays out of reach, or him teleporting you into a mob of his own monsters away from the safety of yours.

I think this problem could be fixed by throwing in 1 or 2 bloodspine walls and a teleport of your own. Use the vinelashers to pull the enemy through the walls damage barrier and bring them to your enchanted Togorah. The teleport being either an escape for if you get grabbed or to grab the enemy mage.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

GeorgeFalcon

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2014, 05:27:06 PM »
well the mage has to come to me in the first place if they want to teleport me out. unless they have teleport on a Thoughtspore which is the only case. or even a Huginn, Raven Familiar. but these are the only times I see this. i can make my creatures sprout up any where in the map so you can't run. the only answer is to attack me.

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 06:08:38 PM »
Teleport has a range of 2 which means your opponent can use it safely away from any zone where you group a lot of monsters. Being able to sprout anywhere though nice is a bit time consuming if you want good positioning. Your opponent should have ample time to build up a counter to anything that may summon nearby without having to risk opposing the enchanted Togorah. This is the strategy I would use against this book but I do not speak for everyone.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

GeorgeFalcon

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 06:21:45 PM »
all of the creatures aside from Togorah cost only 6 with the ring so cheap creatures that are a hinderance. is good and even if you are within 2 spaces you can move me 2 spaces. with the current board setup i could have my creatures within 1 space of every zone to grab and hold your mage.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2014, 12:53:27 AM »
Teleport can move you max 4 zones.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

zorro

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2014, 04:45:13 AM »
When playing a druid, i find the Leaves ring not so usefull, since most of my creatures are casted from the vine tree. I usually favour the enchanter's ring, if any.

I also agree with maverick that somo more mobile creatures could be great. Raptor Vines i think are a must for the druid, i will try to include them.

I find usufull to include some more attacks (at least a couple acid balls and a couple surging wave, but pretty cheap and usefull).  Also, i think you get too few incantations for both mage wands... no dispel, no teleport, no force push... I would change the defend for a rouse the beast. Roust the beast can be used to set a creature recently casted to defend, but also used for agression.

You can get the points from the 3 wands, the tripple costing Gauntleths of strenght, and some other out of school spells (vampirism, main wings, at least them can be sustituted for cheaper spells). I like to include dragonscale armour and/or elemental cloack in the druids, in order to get some defence against fire, which your creatures are weak against.

Just my opinions ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid