May 02, 2024, 08:27:38 PM

Author Topic: Starting a League in Pittsburgh, PA  (Read 15289 times)

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Re: Starting a League in Pittsburgh, PA
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2013, 11:30:13 PM »
I haven't read anything, but I'd be willing to start my own if people like.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2013, 11:43:48 PM »
Also, if anyone is interested in starting a league or even just a group with me, and you have friends that may be interested, I would be glad to teach.  I have the OP kit, promos and such, for April too, if that's any incentive.

I don't know where would be most convenient, but Phantom of the Attic is pretty close to me and I could probably convince the owner to allow a day for Mage Wars organized (or disorganized) play.

Mgrancey

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2013, 08:06:16 AM »
Attending Gasp gameday on 4th, will you be there as well, my evening will be free or could meet somewhere to play as well after about 6.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2013, 09:18:01 AM »
I'm in the wrong half of PA to join you guys (Lancaster), but if any of you have access to the beta of Facebook's Graph Search, there are 7 people who're fans of Mage Wars who have their city listed as Pittsburgh, and a few more from surrounding towns.

Shoot me an e-mail if you want help with this.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Sarkath

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2013, 04:00:38 PM »
Hey all,

I am from the Greensburg area and play at The Vault Comics and Games. I also play Warmachine/Hordes and come to Legions often enough.  I have at least a core of 6-8 players at my store and I have submitted an app to be an Ambassador. I have been running demos Wednesdays and Saturdays at my FLGS and have been handing out promos for all interested parties.

I am hoping to start a league soon to catch up with the 2nd one once people start buying their own copies. That way we can have custom books.

Feel free to get into contact with me and we can set up places and times to meet and play.

Thanks guys,

- Justin

Dyskantor

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 08:30:16 AM »
Are the wednesdays and saturdays when you play at the Vault, or is that at another FLGS?  I'm just generally trying to find some people to play with in Pittsburgh, but its a little hard to figure out from this thread if anybody is actually currently playing, or if they are, exactly when and where.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:34:41 AM by Dyskantor »

Sarkath

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2013, 02:37:47 PM »
Are the wednesdays and saturdays when you play at the Vault, or is that at another FLGS?  I'm just generally trying to find some people to play with in Pittsburgh, but its a little hard to figure out from this thread if anybody is actually currently playing, or if they are, exactly when and where.

Yes. Those are the days I try to be at the store. The owner has been shifting days around though, so we are still trying to get a set day.

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2013, 11:22:52 PM »
I play in the Oakland, Pittsburgh area right near the University of Pittsburgh (where I go to school).  My brother and I play a lot pretty much whenever school work or other obligations keep us.  There is a large gaming club at Pitt, and some regulars outside the university that play less regularly than I do. 

Probably the best thing anyone could do to contact me is PM me, or drop a comment here, and we'll see if we can get a time set up.

Dyskantor

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2013, 01:01:51 PM »
That will teach me to read a map once in a while.  I mentally confused greensburg with greentree (the latter being significantly closer to highland park).  Greensburg's not impossible to get to, but is bit of a hike, so oakland would be a good bit easier.

Sarkath

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 23, 2013, 12:20:37 AM »
I will gladly come into Pittsburgh, but Phantom is a little small. Legions on the other hand is pretty big. I will be than willing to run demos, play a few rounds (I don't have any custom books built yet), and help anyone out.

I drive to Pittsburgh everyday for work, so what's a day off driving into Pittsburgh?

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2013, 04:27:07 AM »
Nice, so we have Sarkath and Dyskantor.  What days are good for you guys? 

Sarkath

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2013, 09:32:42 AM »
That's honestly a tough one. I am booked up until the last weekend in July. Then GenCon in August. July 6th might not be terrible, just getting my car dipped in the morning.

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2013, 12:36:34 AM »
For anyone that is interested, I will be holding a demo next Thursday at Phantom of the Attic Games at South Craig Street, Oakland in Pittsburgh.  It is the first step in building a well-connected MW community in Pittsburgh.

I'm also free Friday and the weekend, if anyone would like to just play casually or competitively.

Also, some things about me, since people tend to respond better if you tell them what kind of person they're going to be gaming with:

I'm a pretty easy-going, friendly 22 year old college student with a passion for gaming, writing, and competition.  I like to help players understand the game better and I'm equally open to constructive criticism as well; a good gaming community is a group effort, after all.  Basically, my whole goal with finding players in the Pittsburgh area is to build a solid, positive MW community that can sustain itself and grow.  That's probably a lofty goal at this point, but I'm confident that with help, it's an obtainable one.

MW deserves a good community, and I want Pittsburgh to be a leading area for fun, high-level MW gameplay that is welcome to players of any background and experience, and I need help from other enthusiastic, loyal MW fans in the Pittsburgh area to accomplish that goal. 

I encourage anyone that feels the same to please PM me so we can get the process started.  The faster we get started, the more mages we'll have to play with and faster we can put Pittsburgh on the map!

Thanks!

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2013, 12:52:15 PM »
Wrong Thread, don't know how that happened!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 05:25:27 PM by sIKE »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2013, 03:14:33 PM »
If you are playing with Promo's Lion Savagery would work very nice in this build, through in a Cheetah Speed and it is down right frightening!

Wrong thread?.... ???