May 04, 2024, 10:08:18 AM

Author Topic: Deep Roots, a druid build  (Read 9650 times)

zorro

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Deep Roots, a druid build
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2014, 03:03:05 AM »
Same opinion on bridge troll, it's fire weakness make me discard it.

As for the grizly, vines already provide enough static mele damage, so i tend to preffer including different creatures instead of the bear.

I think the primary non-vine creature could be Gallador: its ethereal and reach ranged attack with a stun, covers quite some blind spots for the druid.

Also, Guardian Angel, for it you need protecting the tree or druid (a defensive intercepting creature). You can get togorah to cover the spot... but it's mana cost is heavier with slower movility.

I have not casted any of them yet in-game, but anyway i keep them in my book :P

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Mortuss

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2014, 04:01:20 AM »
Well, I have Grizzly in case I meet fire wizzard or warlock, in that case instead of doing raptor vines, i go for heavily enchanted grizzly, he is kind of plan B

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2014, 08:29:42 AM »
When we were testing Druid vs. Necro I playtested with Bridge Trolls. Yes, they were fantastic with a Druid, because they needed the same cards that the rest of her creatures do. So in that way your book is already build to use them. However, sharing the Flame weakness is pretty bad. In the end, you have a flame weakness and you're not a vine. All you gain for that is that you're not rooted, which has some benefits as well as downsides. Also, War costs triple for Druid, so I just avoid the Troll, for now.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2014, 11:30:30 AM »
Even with the war school costing triple, the troll only costs 5 points.

In every book the bridge troll is going to cost a minimum of 4 points. He beats hard, he regenerates 3, if fire is his only drawback so be it, slap some armor or defense on him and let him be a beat stick.

Someday there will be a mage that is earthly and either like war or it doesn't penalize him. That will be the troll's day to shine.

Sirscott13

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2014, 12:05:45 PM »
I don't necissarily use the wall as a constant strategy, but as another deterrent to send someone after my tree because I'll have chances to pull them back through the wall. My strategy revolves around a base for your tree and somewhere you could escape if you were badly injured. The use of bark skin and tree bond allow you to potentially regenerate 4 damage per turn, but the idea is that your tree is gonna be the bane of your opponent. It will cast all your plants for you so you can act as a supporting or ranged attack character. The walls with snatch just add another element of defense.

I see why people would want animals to counter the huge weekness to fire, but honestly I don't see the need. Not many creatures attack with fire and are usually waker. I think having your tree cast everything is the better option. Now the mage might have some fire spells, but you should have no problem loosing a few ponds every turn to slowly build your way across the map. As to how to handle the lord of fire, I think some well aimed spells of your own are all you need. The ideas is again to use many plant creatures to slowly dominate the board.

There have been many of matches where my opennent will destroy tons of my creatures, but I still end up winning with no Damage. Just keep spreading those vines and enlarging your jungle

gerni

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2014, 06:20:27 AM »
The ideas is again to use many plant creatures to slowly dominate the board.

Thats funny because it is the opposite of what worked for me so far :). Without really committing to keep plants alive via enchantments, they die pretty fast mid to late game. In my opinions they shine early, where the enemy has low armor and the mana/dice ratio on plants is unbeatable. 

zorro

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2014, 02:58:36 AM »
I do same as gerni, i use plants a couple at a time to quickly distub opponent plans :D