May 17, 2024, 02:53:04 AM

Author Topic: FIF: Conquer Preview  (Read 9784 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: FIF: Conquer Preview
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 12:16:02 PM »
That's kinda what I figured. Still the ability to get rid of it for cost is amazing.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Myrddin

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 12:22:22 PM »
Very interesting card: very efficient indeed if you both want to destroy a conjuration and create one (not that unlikely!)

It could also interact very brutally with cards that build up tokens before having a dramatic effect: you'd get an interesting dynamic where the owner had to protect such cards against conquering, as well as from the (usually less efficient) attempts to smash them to bits.

How does this interact with walls? If it can target them, do you have to control both sides, or just the one you choose for targetting? If you are allowed I assume you have a nominal target zone and must put your own conjuration there: if you then placed another wall, could you put it on a different side of the same zone? Could you extend it? Some very interesting potential control here if the answers here are 'yes'!

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 12:29:39 PM »
You cant conquer wall because walls are not into a zone. They are on the border.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 01:22:39 PM »
Cant wait to moment when i kill (conquer) battleforge! :) I sooo much want to play goblin/orc horde build! :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 01:31:40 AM »
the spell said that the conjuration must not be attached to other object, if i have harmonize in a conjuration, harmonize its an object? because i dont understand how a conjuration may be attached to an object.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 01:33:40 AM »
Tanglevine is a conjuration that is attached to an object, in this case a creature. The other examples that spring to mind are Stranglevine and Quicksand.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

vlad3theimpaler

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2014, 03:00:00 AM »
This is a big step towards making warlords more powerful and interesting to play.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer

applepi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I like pi(e)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2014, 05:58:22 AM »
It would be nice if the warlords cool promos were released.  He'd have the minotaur, vorpal blade, morning star, and the ballista.  I want to tear down my opponents mana crystals/flowers and make a war machine in its place!

Bwahaha!!

NerdGuy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2014, 10:01:58 AM »
Very excited for this one.  I can't wait to add it to my Warlord spellbook.  Though I guess I'll have to put it back together first

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2014, 11:57:47 AM »
I wish it would have been a command spell, to be able to use it with Helm of Command and get a discount from the ring :-\

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2014, 12:27:48 PM »
I wish it would have been a command spell, to be able to use it with Helm of Command and get a discount from the ring :-\

That is why it is not a command  8)
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2014, 12:41:10 PM »

You'll want to check Construction Yard when we preview that.

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2014, 09:23:37 PM »
Construction Yard?
that sounds like a some kind of spawnpoint which generates mana which will be used to casting conjurations (not attached to the object).
i have few ideas how it can be working, but will see :)

ChimpZilla

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2014, 08:13:50 AM »
Don't know about this card considering the boxes you have to check, but if they're taking 'Lord into "control as much territory" territory, sign me up. It'll finally distinguish him from other mages and make him a less warmed over Straywood BM.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2014, 08:43:43 PM »
Don't know about this card considering the boxes you have to check, but if they're taking 'Lord into "control as much territory" territory, sign me up. It'll finally distinguish him from other mages and make him a less warmed over Straywood BM.

Agreed. Once you add "zone control" to the arena, you can now have spells that Targets Zone Adjacent to a Controlled Zone.

How about a War Machine Conjuration that can Attack a Zone adjacent to one you already control anywhere in the Arena.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin