May 02, 2024, 08:33:03 PM

Author Topic: FIF: Conquer Preview  (Read 9762 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
FIF: Conquer Preview
« on: March 05, 2014, 09:28:11 AM »
And our previews continue with a new tool for the Warlord's arsenal, Conquer. You can find the article for it >>HERE<<. What will you Conquer for Akiro?

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: FIF: Conquer Preview
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2014, 09:33:15 AM »
Thoughts:

This is awesome. In of itself, this is a reason to pick a war mage. Not only an autodestroy against conjurations (!!!) but a way to efficiently replace them with your own (or with the same conjuration). Such flexibility! I am looking forward to abusing a Wand of Conquer against conjuration-heavy builds.

lettucemode

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 09:34:51 AM »
From the article:

"Zone Control
A player controls a zone if they control a creature in that zone and their opponent does not. Do not count Pests or Incapacitated creatures."

Like ACG said, this, this right here, is a reason to play Warlord. What an incredible tool. Enemies will have to actually guard their important Conjurations instead of leaving them behind, otherwise the Warlord may steal them. Can you imagine stealing a Mana Crystal or two with this? So sick. Well done AW, well done I say!

lettucemode

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 09:44:42 AM »
List of things that would be awesome to steal

• Battle Forge, obviously.
  • Corrosive Orchid or Nightshade Lotus. When they come back, they get another Mist token!
  • Mana Crystals or Flowers.
  • Hand of Bim-Shalla
  • Temple of Light maybe?

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 09:47:49 AM »
List of things that would be awesome to steal

Barracks

In a mirror match situation a warlord can have two Barracks under his command. Epic only limits how many can be in your spellbook, not in play or how many you can control. ;)

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 09:55:26 AM »
I will conquer Wizard Tower just to take it down and feel good.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2014, 09:58:35 AM »
So sad its not a command spell.

The Warlord is mana starved beyond compare - and this an expensive spell to use both spellpoints wise and mana wise.

Otherwise its a cool card i hope will see play.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2014, 10:07:02 AM »
So sad its not a command spell.

The Warlord is mana starved beyond compare - and this an expensive spell to use both spellpoints wise and mana wise.

Otherwise its a cool card i hope will see play.

If you have multiple copies or attach it to a wand, try starting off by taking over a few mana crystals or flowers. They're often left unguarded and a channeling swing of 2 or 4 is a big deal.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 10:56:01 AM »
just to be sure, if there is an enemy mana crystal, which i want to Conquer (destroy and then build again), how much i need to pay for that? X is 5 (cost of mana crystal), so if i want to use my extra free action I will need to add another 5mana for building it agian? so in this case total:10.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 11:06:31 AM »
just to be sure, if there is an enemy mana crystal, which i want to Conquer (destroy and then build again), how much i need to pay for that? X is 5 (cost of mana crystal), so if i want to use my extra free action I will need to add another 5mana for building it agian? so in this case total:10.

Exact. X is to destroye it. Then you can cast it back, which is exactly like if you would cast it from your spellbook except it doesnt cost you any action to do it.

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 11:10:51 AM »
How about Altar of the Iron Guard? After all, there can be only one.

Also, note that unlike other spells that let you steal enemy spells, this one is a quick spell (compensated by the fact that you need to control the zone), and you don't have to pay the full cost if you choose not to recast the stolen conjuration.

Artemus Maximus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2014, 11:20:10 AM »
Also, given the hints at the Warlords new end game of dominating the arena through conquering (amassing conjurations/outposts?) for the God of War/Altar of Domination, I suspect that this spell will be crucial to removing opponent's zone exclusives in a much more efficient way.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 12:08:59 PM »
Just a quick question, if you Conquer a conjuration that you couldn't normally cast, like say a Wizard Tower, can you then re-cast it? Cause if so that is SICK!!!! I love this thing already.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2014, 12:11:23 PM »
Great for two reasons:
1) Zone control gives more reasons to play the movement game and avoid turtling.
2) Improves on the steal enchantment/equipment formula by only making you pay double if you're getting something for it and by allowing you to cast something else.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2014, 12:14:10 PM »
Just a quick question, if you Conquer a conjuration that you couldn't normally cast, like say a Wizard Tower, can you then re-cast it? Cause if so that is SICK!!!! I love this thing already.

No you cant control a restricted card if you do not meet requirement. Just like you cant steal a Barkskin if you are not a druid.