May 08, 2024, 09:13:44 AM

Author Topic: Mana Prism vs. Safed Mana from Spawnpoint and Familiar  (Read 1916 times)

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Mana Prism vs. Safed Mana from Spawnpoint and Familiar
« on: June 09, 2015, 12:05:16 PM »
Hello,

Mana Prism safes you from loosing Mana. Is that also working if a spell kills for example a Thoughtspore that has some some Mana on it?
I think on the one hand it is a spell that causes you to lose Mana, so Mana Prism would work. But on the other Hand that Mana is not "really" yours. The controller of Thougtspore just uses Thoughtspres Mana.

I guess there is some ruling for it and I just can't find it. So help would be great!

Thanks a lot!

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Mana Prism vs. Safed Mana from Spawnpoint and Familiar
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 01:49:58 PM »
Hello,

Mana Prism safes you from loosing Mana. Is that also working if a spell kills for example a Thoughtspore that has some some Mana on it?
I think on the one hand it is a spell that causes you to lose Mana, so Mana Prism would work. But on the other Hand that Mana is not "really" yours. The controller of Thougtspore just uses Thoughtspres Mana.

I guess there is some ruling for it and I just can't find it. So help would be great!

Thanks a lot!
When a Thoughtspore dies, you (the Mage) does not loose Mana. It is a resource of the Thoughtspore that is also destroyed.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Mana Prism vs. Safed Mana from Spawnpoint and Familiar
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 01:50:25 PM »
Hi,

[mwcard=FWJ05]Mana Prism[/mwcard] works only, when you are forced to pay for something or you are loosing mana thanks to effect or ability.

[mwcard=MW1C24]Mana Leech[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1I09]Drain Power[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1E15]Essence Drain[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1J16]Mordok's Obelisk[/mwcard] etc.

It not prevents loss of mana in case, your spawnpoint or familiar with chanelling trait is destroyed. You were not forced to pay or loose mana due to ability, but because your spawnpoint was destroyed.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )