May 10, 2024, 05:46:01 AM

Author Topic: Test your Skills... Steelclaws!  (Read 13254 times)

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Test your Skills... Steelclaws!
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2015, 08:52:56 AM »

Cub has 2 atack dice. Goblin grunt has 3 attack dice.

You are correct. My mistake. Well then it evens out quite good. I'm glad AW didn't do the mistake I just did.  :)

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2015, 09:30:20 AM »
Mildly disappointed that the Matriarch and Cub don't have Frost -2 and Frost -1, respectively... Not that it would do anything, but to be consistent with the characteristics of [mwcard=MW1C34]Steelclaw Papa Bear[/mwcard].

(To be consistent with Goldilocks, perhaps the Matriarch should have Frost -1 and the Cubs should have Frost -X where X is the number of friendly bears in their zone... making them feel "just right.")
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2015, 03:41:21 PM »
Mildly disappointed that the Matriarch and Cub don't have Frost -2 and Frost -1, respectively... Not that it would do anything, but to be consistent with the characteristics of [mwcard=MW1C34]Steelclaw Papa Bear[/mwcard].

I wouldn't mind if they dropped the armor to 1 (where I think it should be... 1 for a cub, 2 for the mama, and 3 for papa bear, especially considering the mana cost of the cubs). This is a pretty amazing level one creature already with its two armor.

Someone mentioned four matriarchs.... Does it make sense to limit the total benefits per turn to the matriarchs to the number of cubs? For example, if you have two of the mama bears and five cubs... let the two matriarchs split the +5? This might be done by saying something on the Cub card like "Once per turn a friendly Steelclaw Matriarch in the Cubs zone may gain Melee +1 from this Cub. Use a ready marker to track the use of this ability." This way you don't have (potentially) all four mama bears each claiming +6 from all six cubs in their zone....
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 03:43:10 PM by DaveW »
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

SharkBait

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2015, 05:35:09 PM »
If you're able to get FOUR matriarchs and SIX cubs into one zone in one game, you deserve every bonus you get. If you get more than one matriarch and six cubs in a zone for those attacks in one game, I'll be impressed
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
When in doubt, kill it with fire

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2015, 10:33:46 PM »
I'm guessing you would need a druid and a beastmaster working together to pull this off.

Opening:

R1: Beastmaster casts lair in his corner. (4) Druid casts and treebonds with vine tree in her corner. (10)
R2: Beastmaster deploys a steelclaw cub (11). Quick summons a cub then regular summons a cub. (3) Druid deploys two vine markers (19) then summons Fellela (7) and casts brace yourself on her (5).
R3: Druid deploys 2 vine markers (14) and deploys an extended wall of thorns around corner (3). Fellela casts a trap or a decoy somewhere (2) and Druid casts another brace yourself on her if necessary.

Beastmaster brings out three more steelclaw cubs. (2)

Beastmaster deploys a matriarch and casts another brace yourself on fellela if necessary.(0)

Once youre ready, use thornlashers to knock enemy mage into teleport traps to bring them to corner zone, where your bears will maul them. Alternatively, if you can't summon all the bears, try having the druid summon kralathor and eat the ones that aren't being used much.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2015, 01:51:02 AM »
Does it make sense to limit the total benefits per turn to the matriarchs to the number of cubs? For example, if you have two of the mama bears and five cubs... let the two matriarchs split the +5? This might be done by saying something on the Cub card like "Once per turn a friendly Steelclaw Matriarch in the Cubs zone may gain Melee +1 from this Cub. Use a ready marker to track the use of this ability." This way you don't have (potentially) all four mama bears each claiming +6 from all six cubs in their zone....

:D :D :D
who said academy should be a simple version of the game?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 01:54:49 AM by Exid »