General Category > Website Support and Feedback

Spellbook Builder

<< < (2/6) > >>

Ash:

--- Quote from: V10lentray on January 19, 2017, 03:47:41 PM ---I discovered Tony's post shortly after posting my question. I have always loved this game and bring it every week to my massive 100+ player gaming group yet can't get people willing to play, not only because of it's complexity, but because of lack of support from the company. The last time I played MW was at GenCon.

Yet last week, out of the blue an old friend I haven't talked to in about 5 years appeared at my gaming group with a friend. they asked what I was playing and I hadn't decided on anything yet, as I had just finished a game of Boss monster. I mentioned that I bought my favorite game ever, but can't ever get people to play it with me. when I told him it was mage wars, his face totally lit up. He owns every expansion except for PvS, and also never gets to play and loves it.

So I ran them both through a game, and not the other guy is going to get it, so I have a few people to play with, yet no real easy way to build new books.  I look forward to next week playing the one guy who is going to bring a book of his own, (he watches tons of the Arcane duels streams), and crushing him with playtest cards that aren't released yet!

But getting a functional SBB is incredibly important. And you are even smaller of a company then you were since letting Aaron go. The fact that players are growing on OCTGN shows that the game is loved, but it appears that AW does not support the players.

--- End quote ---

I am actually working with the players who update OCTGN to attempt to make it better, as well as fixing the sbb on our website. Improvements are coming and they are high on my priority list.

We are increasing our effort on MW at the moment, and you should see even more improvements (that I haven't mentioned) in the near future.

grga.curkovic:
I'm the owner of one of the two fan based spellbook builders Tony mentioned.
I just posted an update that includes PvS and LG, read more at http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=17116.30

Cheers

abyssalstalker:

--- Quote from: V10lentray on January 19, 2017, 03:47:41 PM ---And you are even smaller of a company then you were since letting Aaron go.

--- End quote ---
Is there an announcement of this somewhere? This is my first time hearing this. I really liked Aaron.

Halewijn:
They have announced this to the playtesters.

iNano78:
Um, without Aaron, who is left?

My limited understanding of AW is:
- Bryan P. (Founder, head game designer and pres, but mostly working on non-MW stuff these days)
- Tony G. (Mostly business/marketing; replaced Scott "Toxiq" M.)
- Aaron B. (Lead designer of MW expansions since forever; pretty much the only person working on MW)
- Alfiya P. (customer service and making sure stuff gets done)

Without Aaron, who is left to develop future Mage Wars product?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version