May 03, 2024, 04:14:28 PM

Author Topic: Invisible question  (Read 3955 times)

Caamora

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Invisible question
« on: January 14, 2014, 09:08:49 PM »
The codex says enchantments on invisble creatures are also invisble.  But if the creature cannot be targeted how do you put an enchantment on it in the first place?.. After it attacks and is visible?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Invisible question
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 10:20:34 PM »
There in lies the rub....

for the Invisible Stalker, when he declares an attack, he loses the trait until the end of the round. So that would be your opportunity. Otherwise, you are SOL.......
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 06:51:11 AM »
Since you want your invisible stalker to go late in the round you'll usually be doing this in the final quickcast phase.

wulfen777

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2014, 08:13:20 AM »
Or you cast him early on and have him attack your mage or something with regenearte for example, while he is still in your corner.

That way you can influence your opponent's play in an early stage. Just threaten to attack, and even if you don't it just might have an effect on the spells your opponent chooses, and maybe chooses for naught if you do not attack with the stalker round after round.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 02:18:44 PM »
Most enchants can't be cast on him anyways...he is non living and incorporeal making him invalid for the vast majority of enchants. What is it you guys are wanting to put on him that's worth all the timing hassle of getting around his invisibility?

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 02:55:53 PM »
I don't know about your own invisible stalker, but you could force hold the other guy's and that would take him out of the game unless he wanted to slap himself to get rid of his invisibility so it could get dispelled.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 01:54:19 AM »
I don't know about your own invisible stalker, but you could force hold the other guy's and that would take him out of the game unless he wanted to slap himself to get rid of his invisibility so it could get dispelled.

Etherial creatures, like Invisible Stalker, have the Uncontainable Trait.  So Force Crush/Hold cannot be used on them.

The only enchantment I can think of off the top of my head that could target an Invisible Stalker is Decoy..which can be cast on just about anything.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 01:55:53 AM by baronzaltor »

IndyPendant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 02:49:47 AM »
Heh.  There's a bunch really, but few of them are any use at all, and none that I can see of a beneficial nature.  Essence Drain and Pacify are probably the best of a bad bunch; the various curses (Agony, Chains of Agony, Marked for Death, etc) are about the only other ones that are even arguably useful.

Nullify surprised me actually, by requiring a Corporeal Creature.  Why is that, I wonder?

wulfen777

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 05:49:56 AM »
Yep, from what I can think of at the moment Decoy seems to be the only enchantment a Forcemaster might want to cast on her Invisible Stalker.
And beeing that as it is there is not that much sense in doing so, as a least a competent opponent will surely know this and not try to dispel the hidden Decoy.
The only sense would be mana storage, but then again that would be obvious to said competent opponent, too...  ;D
I think it is quite ok that beneficial enchantments can not be put on the stalker, with his invisible trait he might else become too powerful.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 01:08:47 PM »

Nullify surprised me actually, by requiring a Corporeal Creature.  Why is that, I wonder?

Something that is in testing
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage