May 03, 2024, 04:25:51 PM

Author Topic: Questions about dancing scimitar and autonomous  (Read 3498 times)

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Questions about dancing scimitar and autonomous
« on: January 02, 2014, 02:36:13 PM »
If I have the "elusive" trait due to Mongoose Agility, my scimitar does not also gain the elusive trait because it isn't affected by my traits, correct?

If my opponent is Marked for Death, I typically only get the bonus once per turn. However, if I make a normal attack followed by a dancing scimitar attack, does the scimitar also get the bonus (since the attack originates from the scimitar rather than from my mage)?

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about dancing scimitar and autonomous
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 03:36:08 PM »
If I have the "elusive" trait due to Mongoose Agility, my scimitar does not also gain the elusive trait because it isn't affected by my traits, correct?

Correct. In fact, the scimitar's attack cannot even be used to remove a guard marker, much less ignore one.

If my opponent is Marked for Death, I typically only get the bonus once per turn. However, if I make a normal attack followed by a dancing scimitar attack, does the scimitar also get the bonus (since the attack originates from the scimitar rather than from my mage)?

No. Marked For Death's bonus only buffs creatures; the scimitar is equipment.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 03:40:52 PM »
Here is some rules- since I got beat to the answer!  ;D

Autonomous
This equipment is attached to a creature, and functions independently from that
creature. It does not take up an equipment location. It is unaffected by, and cannot
be modified by; traits, abilities, or conditions of the creature it is attached to.
However, it can be affected by other sources and objects.
If the equipment provides an attack, that attack may be used once per round,
as a free action, at the end of the creature’s Action Phase. If the attack is a melee
attack, it must follow the normal rules for guarding; however, it will not trigger a
counterstrike or damage barrier, and will not remove a guard marker from its target.

And yeah- Marked for Death says "Creatures"
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 07:35:56 AM »
Good work ACG  8)
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Mrmt

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2014, 02:02:32 PM »
First time using this card tonight. It does appear to be a remarkably powerful effect for the cost - an extra 3 attack dice for the mage... and a potential get our of jail (defence) for a mere 5 mana. well, and upkeep, of course, but with a psi-orb that is dealt with.

wulfen777

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 08:24:58 AM »
First time using this card tonight. It does appear to be a remarkably powerful effect for the cost - an extra 3 attack dice for the mage... and a potential get our of jail (defence) for a mere 5 mana. well, and upkeep, of course, but with a psi-orb that is dealt with.

Yep, but keep in mind that Psi-Orb is "Mind Mage only", so the Psi-Orb + Dancing Scimitar combo is not for everyone and as the Forcemaster is very limited in creature casting because of the high deck building costs for all "Non-Mind" creatures she depends on other useful cards like said combo.
Also the scimitar's defense is only working against melee, so not overly powerful in my eyes.
But yes, still a good card...  8)