May 03, 2024, 10:43:27 PM

Author Topic: Guarding walls?  (Read 8818 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Guarding walls?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 09:24:23 PM »
You cannot guard walls. As walls occupy the border of a zone and not the zone itself it is not covered by a creature guarding. This is done because each of the zone borders is of an indiscriminate size. Guarding assumes a certain amount of interposition from the guarding creature, but with an object of that size it's impossible for a creature to engage another and prevent it from getting to some point on the wall.

The Rules and Codex Supplement will be updated with this ruling. If anyone has any questions, please ask me!

Butter or Margarine? ;)

I grew up with Country Crock, so Margarine. Though, there is something to be said for regular butter on popcorn.

wulfen777

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2014, 08:06:45 AM »
Ok, so no wall guarding. Thanks for sorting that out.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2014, 01:10:34 PM »
You cannot guard walls. As walls occupy the border of a zone and not the zone itself it is not covered by a creature guarding. This is done because each of the zone borders is of an indiscriminate size. Guarding assumes a certain amount of interposition from the guarding creature, but with an object of that size it's impossible for a creature to engage another and prevent it from getting to some point on the wall.

The Rules and Codex Supplement will be updated with this ruling. If anyone has any questions, please ask me!

TY Laddin for the update
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage