May 16, 2024, 07:56:10 PM

Author Topic: extensions calendar?  (Read 9099 times)

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
extensions calendar?
« on: January 15, 2016, 04:19:24 AM »
do we know when the second academy set will be out?
and the "promo spell tome"?
and... most important!!! siren vs paladin?

Mrogg

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: extensions calendar?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 04:50:03 AM »
I think we all would like an official confirmation about release date. Although there are other interesting questions too. For example I have read that Warlock and Priestess sets will be sold as two separate products. In that case will they have cards only from their Magic Schools or will they have additional flavor for Wizard and Beastmaster as well?

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 05:18:00 AM »
1) Warlock and Priestess academy edition - Guys from Arcane Duels are giving out Spoilers about cards in this two expansions. My guess is late March if they will folow same path as with Forget in Fire

2) Promo Spell tome - We dont have any oficial info about it, i am not sure if there is a name for it right now but i would expect 2Q of this year. Before summer maybe?

3) Siren Vs. Paladin - definetly this year  8)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 07:38:08 AM »
The Priestess and Warlock are two seperate sets. We'll be sharing a ton of cards from those sets leading up to their release. Now, no I don't have an "Official" date for them, mainly because I'm design. However, I believe we're shooting for April for the Priestess, with the Warlock to follow in May or June. Now, this is the plan right now. Something could change, but I don't expect those to change too much.

The Promo Spell Tome, ideally it should be out a little ahead of the Academy expansions. But that could change. Regardless it will be out before PVS.

No, I don't have a date on PVS. I know what I'm shooting for, but as I mentioned I'm design. Production, shipping, and logistics are outside of my expertise. So, I don't have a good estimate for that right now. All of that said, I've poured myself into PVS and we've really been focused on that set. I know how important it is to our players, and it's important to me personally. I want you to all have a set that is really phenomenal.

I hope this helps with any questions you might have. If you have other questions please feel free to ask.

Bluebaron

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 08:40:06 AM »
The Priestess and Warlock are two seperate sets. We'll be sharing a ton of cards from those sets leading up to their release. Now, no I don't have an "Official" date for them, mainly because I'm design. However, I believe we're shooting for April for the Priestess, with the Warlock to follow in May or June. Now, this is the plan right now. Something could change, but I don't expect those to change too much.

The Promo Spell Tome, ideally it should be out a little ahead of the Academy expansions. But that could change. Regardless it will be out before PVS.

No, I don't have a date on PVS. I know what I'm shooting for, but as I mentioned I'm design. Production, shipping, and logistics are outside of my expertise. So, I don't have a good estimate for that right now. All of that said, I've poured myself into PVS and we've really been focused on that set. I know how important it is to our players, and it's important to me personally. I want you to all have a set that is really phenomenal.

I hope this helps with any questions you might have. If you have other questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to those products. ☺

Will we get any spoilers, which promos will be included in the promo spell tome? Any information on the total number of cards both for this tome and the two academy expansions?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 08:55:02 AM »
I'm sure we'll have some previews for the tome. The tome should be about 108 cards and each of the two academy expansions is 72 cards.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 09:05:32 AM »
I was wondering, will 1 expansion be around half the price?

More sets gived more transportation costs, but it could be in a very small box, like the one fantasy flight or pokemon uses.

If so, you wouldnt be able to add many tokens or spellbooks but I wouldnt mind that at all. I've got more spellbooks then I'll ever use already.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 09:09:08 AM »
Yes the price is lower, but I'm not sure what it is right now. That's a little outside the design sphere. We're trying to be conservative on marker sheets with these expansions. We certainly don't want to overload Academy players with new things and tokens.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2016, 12:19:34 PM »

:'( :'( :'(
it helps... it helps...
 :'( :'( :'(

academy, domination, help too, but i would ove something stronger, as a new mage in the arena!!!

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2016, 12:12:10 PM »
Wait, PvS got pushed back to after the Priestess & Warlock Academy sets? It's never coming out is it?

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2016, 12:21:32 PM »
Its coming out.......we did all 4 original mages in a serial manner for Academy. They are done and next up is PvS goodness. I am hoping in time for mid Con season.....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

TucsonDoug

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2016, 12:53:03 PM »
Promo spell tome? This might be a bit off topic, but what all is that going to include? Will it have promos that were released in the various expansions? Or is it going to be all currently unreleased promos?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2016, 10:21:57 PM »
Promo spell tome? This might be a bit off topic, but what all is that going to include? Will it have promos that were released in the various expansions? Or is it going to be all currently unreleased promos?

The promo spell tome is going to have promo cards that have not yet been printed, and possibly a few new cards.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2016, 06:40:04 AM »

Its coming out.......we did all 4 original mages in a serial manner for Academy. They are done and next up is PvS goodness. I am hoping in time for mid Con season.....

I'm sure everyone's going to want that expansion after such a long wait! It's been what, two years since it was first announced?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Nareus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2016, 11:16:37 AM »

The promo spell tome is going to have promo cards that have not yet been printed, and possibly a few new cards.
I wonder what new cards we'll be getting?
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Evil is not necessary for good to exist. However, good is necessary for evil to exist, as all that is evil is a corruption of that which is good.