May 03, 2024, 03:02:53 PM

Author Topic: My spellbook builder  (Read 239820 times)

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: My spellbook builder
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2017, 09:26:27 AM »
Next request:

Once you get all the "important" stuff done - like adding Academy cards :) - perhaps you could update the outdated text / card images. For instance, the Goblin Builder image in your SBB, which I'm guessing is just lifted from the official SBB/card database, has outdated text. His "Repair" ability now reads:

"Remove 1 damage from a Corporeal conjuration in, or boarding, his zone." (sic)
Reference

It's up to you whether or not you want to have the typo in the searchable text, or if you prefer to spell "bordering" correctly. But it would be ideal to have the card image from the most recent printing. Perhaps the most recent images are available in the OCTGN builder (?).

There are other cards that might need text and image updates (like Gate to Hell?).  Here's a list of changes made in the 4th printing:
http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=17282.0

And you can always check for updated/errata card text in the official rules supplement/FAQ:
http://www.arcanewonders.com/resources/Mage_Wars_Official_Rules_and_Codex_Supplement4.2.pdf
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2017, 09:46:10 AM »
next request ;)

Would it be possible to create a "total cost" column next to the "cost" column and also make this "sortable" up and down.

I noticed the "cost" colum indicates the amount of SBP's it costs to add 1 card to that mage's spellbook but it is even more important imo to see how many SBP's of a certain card you have added to your spellbook.

I'm really trying to keep the amount of requests to a minimum, just focusing on the most important with regards to spellbookbuilding.

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2017, 10:04:05 AM »
@iNano78: I'll do that as soon as I'm done with Academy.

@ Borg: It won't fit the reference screen size (read: my screen size). The issue I'm having is not the width needed for one more number but for one more name in the header row. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2017, 10:57:02 AM »
@ Borg: It won't fit the reference screen size (read: my screen size). The issue I'm having is not the width needed for one more number but for one more name in the header row. Any ideas on how to fix this?

A rather drastic measure maybe but from all the columns, I think the "cast" and "reveal" columns are not really "must have" columns for a SBB and could possibly be removed to make room for "total cost" and something else.
When you mouse over the screen you can see the "cast" and "reveal" cost from the picture.

Another possible suggestion : would using a smaller font help you create more room ?

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2017, 01:31:56 PM »
I've added all Academy cards, just waiting for someone to give me a card count for Princess and Warlock expansions and I'll publish it.

@Borg: Font is already as small as it can be (for me not to hurt my eyes:). I'll see if I can recombine cast and reveal into one column so it would be like 2+5 for Enchantments. That should give me enough room to add total cost.

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 24, 2017, 01:36:01 PM »
@iNano78: OCTGN image for Goblin Builder is also outdated (probably lifted from official SBB too)...

abyssalstalker

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2017, 02:00:59 PM »
This is pretty awesome work my man. Academy and the unreleased promos will make this A+.

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2017, 03:02:28 PM »
I'll see if I can recombine cast and reveal into one column so it would be like 2+5 for Enchantments. That should give me enough room to add total cost.

That would be a very elegant solution.
Really looking forward to the "finished" product.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 24, 2017, 03:33:10 PM »
Warlock:

Eye of bael 2
demonic mask 2
cloak of fire: 2
burning cuirass 2
hellstar 2
Sanguine hunter 3
firefist brawler 3
Combustion demon: 3
mhegedden: 2
naraka vamp: 2
Kharne: 2
Drakas: 2
afflicted demon: 2
Khali gar: 2
curse of decay 3
theft of life: 3
sanguine thirst 3
demonic link 3
curse item 2
unholy blood ritual 2
siphon life 2
firestream 3
twin fireball: 2
volley of flame: 2
disperse 2
gator thoughness 3
extinguish 3
sneak attack 3
redirect 3

Priestess:
faith healer staff 2
res bow: 2
asyr robes: 2
med monk 2
temple sent 3
disp of rad: 3
ehren 2
broken wing an. 2
lowland unicorn 2
temple sharpshooter 2
white cloak knight 2
gloranna: 2
aurora: 2
second chance 2
blessed focus 3
paladins valor 3
asyra's touch 3
restore 2
circle of protection 2
remove curse 3
cure 3
dazzle 3
reveal magic 3
gator thoughness 2
disperse 2
crumble 2
glancing blow 3
mend: 3
slumber 3

there might be a small mistake in there since I had to count them manually and they are sorted with the respective arena mage. Nevertheless, should be close enough at least.  ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 24, 2017, 03:34:41 PM »
So... I posted an update that contains Academy cards (including expansions).

I've also implemented Borg's suggestion merging Cost and Reveal into one column and adding Total.

Make sure to refresh the page a few times to get the browser to really download the updated version (instead of using a cached one).

Columns right of Cast are still not sortable, this will take some more work.

Next up: errata checkup

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 24, 2017, 04:07:39 PM »
So... I posted an update that contains Academy cards (including expansions).

I've also implemented Borg's suggestion merging Cost and Reveal into one column and adding Total.

Make sure to refresh the page a few times to get the browser to really download the updated version (instead of using a cached one).

Columns right of Cast are still not sortable, this will take some more work.

Next up: errata checkup

:D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D :D :) ;D

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 24, 2017, 04:18:22 PM »
Just noticed an issue with Theft of Life / Cursed Item. Hard to explain. Curse of Decay (text) is listed alphabetically where Theft of Life should be, and shows Theft of Life's card art. Meanwhile, there is no Cursed Item entry alphabetically where it should be, nor can I find Cursed Item's card art.

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2017, 04:59:17 PM »
incredible job, grga.

Building spellbooks is fun again, thanks to you.

I think the link to your program should get stickied in a very visible place on this forum and certainly on the AW site as well.

syllas42

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 24, 2017, 05:47:02 PM »
That's an amazing work in a real short time, congratulations !!!

That's maybe an issue but the "cloak of fire" doesn't work with warlocks. We can't select it maybe it's related to the mention "fire mage only".

grga.curkovic

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2017, 12:35:26 AM »
Thanks for the bug reports. It's a software, it has bugs, keep them coming :)

@iNano78: fixed (make sure to refresh the page a few times to get the browser to really download the updated version instead of using a cached one - need to do something about this).

@syllas42: I don't see the issue. Make sure you have at least one copy of Academy Warlock Expansion. It's the last one and perhaps you can't see it (in that case click on "hide spellbook" in the upper right corner).