May 04, 2024, 05:56:57 AM

Author Topic: Tooth and Nail & Rajan's Fury  (Read 4725 times)

Teclis

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Tooth and Nail & Rajan's Fury
« on: February 27, 2013, 10:56:30 AM »
Hi!

I got a question about the both totems. On the cards it says: All animal creatures...
Does that mean that even the animal creatures of the enemy mage gain those bonuses?

Koy

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Tooth and Nail & Rajan's Fury
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 11:05:34 AM »
That is what it means, yes.  Cards will specify "other friendly" when it is only your side that gets the bonus.  Beastmaster v Beastmaster can get pretty silly if the mages go nuts with the idols!

Teclis

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2013, 11:28:19 AM »
Ok, than you can only hope that your enemy has no Highland Unicorn, Darkfenne Bat or Huginn in his deck, as you don't want him to profit from your totems... :blink:

halvor

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 05:08:52 PM »
I discovered this at BashCon and I had to play 2 game without my Rajan's Fury, which was very sad.

Teclis

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 02:26:46 AM »
I'm going to play a match between Warlock and Beastmaster today, and I really don't know if I should play one of these totems. As we are playing with the predesigned spell books (my opponent has only played one apprentice match so far) I know that he has those Darkfenne Bats, and I don't want them to get Piercing or Charge... Difficult choice...

Koy

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 12:24:25 PM »
I think you are ok to play them versus the preset Warlock.  You get many +s from the idols, whereas he has two creatures total that can.  The bats die in a stiff breeze and even if the bats gets both +1 charge and +1 pierce, you are looking at two 0 armor, 4 health, 3 attack dice, 1 pierce rot generators.

To counter those juggernaut bats you have retaliate, geysers (probably better holding for anti-burn duty), jet stream (a death sentence for a bat usually), block, fast moving falcons, eagle wings on very hard to hit Sosruko etc.

Use the idols, you'll get far more out of it than he will and you'll have far larger threats to handle versus the warlock than the two bats.  My opinion, anyways.

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 01:05:59 AM »
Quote from: "halvor" post=8235
I discovered this at BashCon and I had to play 2 game without my Rajan's Fury, which was very sad.

LoL You're welcome!   :P
Si vis pacem para bellum

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2013, 12:05:43 AM »
That is what it means, yes.  Cards will specify "other friendly" when it is only your side that gets the bonus.  Beastmaster v Beastmaster can get pretty silly if the mages go nuts with the idols!

Appreciate this is an old thread, but noticed the answers contradict the answer in this one:

http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=12848.msg20010#msg20010

Where Shadow clarified that

Friendly - Creatures controlled by you or your teammates.
All - Creatures controlled by a player.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 02:09:04 AM »
All - Creatures controlled by a player

means that all creatures are affected. It's not creatures controlled by that player. It's any creature, since all creatures have a controller.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 06:39:09 AM »
Think you've going to have to go read the link I posted and slug it out with Shadow, since that's not what he said.  Or perhaps its my bad and I've interpreted it incorrectly.  I've asked for a clarification on that thread.

means that all creatures are affected. It's not creatures controlled by that player. It's any creature, since all creatures have a controller.

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 07:15:13 PM »

This is a unnecessarily confusing way of putting things unless the intent is to underline the future possibility of creatures that do not have a controlling player (rampaging creatures?). 'A' can be interpreted either as a general pronoun in this case or a specific one. For clarity sake it makes more sense to use the a word like any which is more clear in it's usage. I think an 'n' and a 'y' a small price to pay for increased clarity.