May 09, 2024, 01:18:38 AM

Author Topic: Rules for making Spellbooks  (Read 4098 times)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Rules for making Spellbooks
« on: August 11, 2012, 02:33:54 PM »
For those of you who are wondering how do you make a spell book take a looks at these.

[attachment=29]Spellbookbuildrules.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=30]Spellbookbuildrules2.JPG[/attachment]
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Kring

Re: Rules for making Spellbooks
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 01:33:45 AM »
Thanks for this.  Any more like this on other topics anywhere?

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 03:45:49 AM »
I made it.
If you need me to do another just ask. When I am not at work I would post it.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Oneig Atyff

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 02:32:35 PM »
Hello,
I have several questions about the game so maybe à will flood a little some topics  :P

First of all the Rules for making Spellbooks is completely missing form the rules book.
Understand me, I don't refer of "How to choose the spell you will use" but "How you will actually making your spellbooks when they are two players"

That's the part is missing.

For example I've notice that you can include every single Holy spells in your spellbook when you playing the priestess.
If you do that the other player didn't have the chance to pick some heals in his deck !

Actually they have plenty of unique spells. So did you have some rules about that or it is first come, first served ?

We've try several method (FC/FS, draft, with D12 pick up chance etc etc) but nothing very clear, the only thing who make the creation simplified is to have one box per player.

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 11:11:08 AM »
The problem with having any kind of drafting to creating spellbooks is that someone would probably feel that they want to change theirs every game.  This would make it take a long time to play, and unless you both have a lot of time and patience, isn't going to happen.
My wife and I created our spellbooks at the same time, and for the most part it isn't a problem as each mage will generally build their spellbook differently.
Our rules are that you can't take more than half of the copies of a single spell, without asking first, if there aren't equal amounts of each spell then the extra one won't be used if the other person is willing to spend their points to put it in their spellbook.  This has basically eliminated the Mana Siphon from our games.  It would be nice to at some point get a second copy to make the issue much easier to deal with, as well as us being able to play the same mage.

Oneig Atyff

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 05:53:08 AM »
Yeah this is sound great, but only if because you play only with the same person.
We here have 2 boxes and we are 3 to play with them.

2 different people have the boxes, so the third one is very unadvantage if he has to make a spellbook with the rest of the cards, because they are several unique cards very usefull (obelisk, torak, basilisk etc etc)
But we cannot ask those who have the box to not fully use their box...

Because they don't have any rules of creating deck with 2 players. :)

theduke850

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 08:24:50 AM »
before I got the game I had the thought of having a bidding system to building spell books.  If both players wanted a card, who ever was willing to pay more for that card (from their spellbook points) could have it.  However, I ended up getting two core sets and I have never had an occasion to test this out, with each of us only making minor tweaks to the (improved) starting spellbooks so far and having plenty of cards to go around. plus we have very different play styles which don't really overlap in the cards we play.