May 12, 2024, 04:58:02 AM

Author Topic: Conclusive evidence for future teleport-counter  (Read 3974 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Conclusive evidence for future teleport-counter
« on: September 06, 2014, 08:11:05 PM »
Conclusive evidence for future spell to counter teleport in organized play story material:

"Explain to me again why we can’t just teleport into the middle of them?” she complained, “this is… degrading.”

“The Warlord is wiser than he seems,” Laddenfance smirked. “His officers carry ancient stones that prevent teleportation. We could never cross the distance to his command tent."

So now my question is...when?

Not sure whether this should go in spells or in world and lore section, so I put it here.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Conclusive evidence for future teleport-counter
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 01:51:34 AM »
Lets highly speculate here. If there is some kind of "ancient stones"...

a) is it equipment, if yes, it is attachable to mages only? Will we see attachable equip for creatures or specific subtypes (Knights)?

or

b) is it a conjuration (warding stones, gravikor).

Now, would it be for every one or xxxx mage only and how much it will changes meta? And do we really need it? :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2014, 01:25:37 PM »
Lets highly speculate here. If there is some kind of "ancient stones"...

a) is it equipment, if yes, it is attachable to mages only? Will we see attachable equip for creatures or specific subtypes (Knights)?

or

b) is it a conjuration (warding stones, gravikor).
His officers carry
It sounds like a card that attaches to a creature.  Either an enchantment, or a conjuration that attaches to creatures and gives them a buff, or causes an effect in their zone or nearby zones even.

So far the only attaching conjurations we've seen are negatives, but it's a natural design space to explore buffing attached conjurations which I will refer to as "gear" until we have an official name for them.  They will have to be careful in designing gear since there is no dispel/dissolve to target overpowering gear.  But if carefully designed, and mostly defensive in nature gear should be balance-able.  They can't make equipment that attaches to creatures without rewriting significant parts of the rule book.

Now, would it be for every one or xxxx mage only and how much it will changes meta? And do we really need it? :)
I hope it is not restricted because I do think we need it.  Or at least by providing a defense against teleport you will be turning on cards like strangle-vine and quicksand that are currently unplayable.  And, if the teleport prevention card cannot protect the mage himself, teleport can still be the bunkerbuster it was designed to be, to prevent long turtly games.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Conclusive evidence for future teleport-counter
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 02:04:57 PM »
Laddinfance and melathia are mages. In the story material the enemy soldiers are holding stones that prevent melathia and laddinfance from teleporting past them.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2014, 02:56:18 PM »
@BoomFrog... Why would equipment castable on creature require rulebook rewrite?

isel

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 08:41:20 AM »
I don´t need ancient stones to avoid telopartion of my oponent mage, i use nullyfi on him to avoid that he goes out of my range to avoid my plants xd xd

Many times i saw similar histories in another games, but if designers make a easy way to avoid teleportations, many people dont buy several cores to have teleportation to all books .

only my thoughs sorry.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 09:16:08 AM »
I don´t need ancient stones to avoid telopartion of my oponent mage, i use nullyfi on him to avoid that he goes out of my range to avoid my plants xd xd

Many times i saw similar histories in another games, but if designers make a easy way to avoid teleportations, many people dont buy several cores to have teleportation to all books .

only my thoughs sorry.
What happens on opposing mages initiative? When he/she can double cast to pick off the Nullify with no chance to respond?
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 10:59:42 AM »
Maybe instead of preventing a teleport, it could just require you to pay extra mana to complete it.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest