May 04, 2024, 04:05:55 PM

Author Topic: Elephant Grass  (Read 3108 times)

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Elephant Grass
« on: December 17, 2016, 01:53:31 PM »
Is Elephant Grass meant to be lacking the living trait?

I understand with a very high life total that regenerate x might have been seen as a wrong choice, however as it is a plant should it not have the living trait and not nonliving as it currently has by default conjuration rules?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 01:57:48 PM by Beldin »

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Elephant Grass
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 03:07:04 PM »

I understand with a very high life total that regenerate x might have been seen as a wrong choice, however as it is a plant should it not have the living trait and not nonliving as it currently has by default conjuration rules?

It's not strictly a plant which would have all the usual Plant traits, but a terrain representing thousands of grasses, and the massed effect of them.

If it was living, that doesn't imply Regenerate (and other plants don't have regenerate too). This way it's immune to Psychic damage!

I can't actually answer your question, but it seems to be justifiable either way. Swamp isn't living either.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 03:20:21 PM by Kelanen »

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 08:29:53 PM »

It's not strictly a plant which would have all the usual Plant traits, but a terrain representing thousands of grasses, and the massed effect of them.

If it was living, that doesn't imply Regenerate (and other plants don't have regenerate too). This way it's immune to Psychic damage!

I can't actually answer your question, but it seems to be justifiable either way. Swamp isn't living either.

Pretty much my assumption as well.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 07:31:16 AM »
It is a fair assumption, and once thinking about it a true abstraction too. I was thinking at a flavour level and hadn't considered what has now been presented.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2016, 07:49:18 PM »
Where can I find all of these terrains that you are talking about? I have seen Shallow Sea (or whatever it is) used by a Siren (so presumably it is in PvS), but none of the others. How many are there? This is the first I've heard of these two. Is there a list with the product they are in?
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 07:55:33 PM »
Terrain was introduced in Paladin vs Siren.  Elephant Grass, Swamp, Steep Hill, Consecrated Ground and Shallow Sea are the 5 terrains.

Also, Arcane Duels did a complete spoiler of the entire set with commentary and it can be found HERE.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 08:39:04 PM »
Terrain was introduced in Paladin vs Siren.  Elephant Grass, Swamp, Steep Hill, Consecrated Ground and Shallow Sea are the 5 terrains.

Also, Arcane Duels did a complete spoiler of the entire set with commentary and it can be found HERE.

Thanks for the link! I appreciate you guys.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess