May 24, 2024, 05:56:43 PM

Author Topic: Druid Lover :D  (Read 4082 times)

Cereal Killer

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Druid Lover :D
« on: March 05, 2015, 06:10:42 PM »
Hi!! I'm a italian player and I recently started to play Mage Wars with 7-8 friends...... We have all the expansions and the Druid is my favourite mage: I think she's a very tactical and difficult mage but, at the same time, one of the strongest mage if she's in good hands (near the OP Wizard). I've tried Galador and Tarok but I usually use a plant build with Togorah to protect my Vine Tree with vigilance/intercept (21 points true but my Treebonded Tree must survive in the early rounds). :D
This is my build...... Ah, sorry for my english!!  :-\

ATTACK (6)
3x Acid Ball (1)
2x Surging Wave (1)
1x Geyser (1)

CONJURATION (20)
3x Tanglevine (1)
2x Bloodapine Wall (1)
2x Wall of Thorns (1)
2x Corrosive Orchid (2)
2x Mana Flower (1)
1x Nightshade Lotus (3)
1x Vine Tree (2)
1x Etherian Lifetree (2)

CREATURE (32)
4x Raptor Vine (3)
3x Thornlasher (2)
2x Vine Snapper (2)
1x Togorah, Forest Sentinel (6)
1x Kralathor, the Devourer (4)

ENCHANTMENT (17)
3x Rhino Hide (1)
2x Bull Endurance (1)
2x Bear Strenght (1)
2x Nullify (2)
1x Barkskin (2)
1x Harmonize (2)
1x Falcon Precision (1)
1x Cheetah Speed (1)

EQUIPMENT (17)
1x Eagleclaw Boots (1)
1x Bearskin (1)
1x Mage Wand (4)
1x Vinewhip Staff (2)
1x Wand of Healing (2)
1x Enchanter's Ring (1)
1x Druid's Leaf Ring (1)
1x Moonglow Amulet (2)
1x Leather Gloves (1)
1x Elemental Cloack (2)

INCANTATION (28)
3x Dissolve (1)
2x Dispel (2)
2x Teleport (4)
2x Force Push (2)
2x Rouse the Beast (1)
2x Burst of Thorns (1)
1x Seeking Dispel (2)
1x Renewing Rain (2+1)

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
Re: Druid Lover :D
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 07:19:43 AM »
Good book.  I can criticize it if you like, but its still good.

You have ~7 channelling boosters. you really gonna get 3.5 turns of isolation to cast those? Also, with a spawnpoint tree are you really going to benefit from that plant ring? Maybe if you are casting all those mana flowers yourself.

I'd throw in one enchantment transfusion, just incase a buffed Raptor vine gets killed or purged. Thats a personal preference though.

Also, whats your plan versus an early adramelech flying fire dude? assuming you get Togorah, Forest Sentinel out soon enough(no longer having mana for your channelling boosters) he is not going to be enough on his own.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2015, 07:56:06 AM »
You have ~7 channelling boosters. you really gonna get 3.5 turns of isolation to cast those? Also, with a spawnpoint tree are you really going to benefit from that plant ring? Maybe if you are casting all those mana flowers yourself.=

The mage would have to be casting the mana flowers; [mwcard=MW1J13]Mana Flower[/mwcard] is not a vine spell, so the tree can't cast it. I agree that there are too many channeling boosters in this deck, especially considering how expensive Togorah will be to cast. There is no way to both get out the channeling and cast Togorah in time to save the tree. Honestly, if the objective is to protect the tree, I would strongly recommend a [mwcard=MWSTX1CKC06]Guardian Angel[/mwcard] or [mwcard=MWSTX1CKC08]Gargoyle Sentry[/mwcard] instead; they are much cheaper, leaving more mana for offense, and do not share the fire weakness of the tree. They also have the same spellbook cost as Togorah.

I also recommend the following:

1. Add a Steelclaw Grizzly or two for matches against Fire Wizards/Warlocks
2. Add Knockdown so that you can use Tanglevine or Stuck on major flying creatures, like Adramelech. Turn To Stone would also work.
3. Include 1-2 seedling pods. Very useful when you have a spare action but not much mana, to avoid wasting it. Makes the druid more efficient.
4. If you are going for a plant focus, include a [mwcard=MW1J21]Suppression Orb[/mwcard]; It's not like your creatures will be moving anyway.

Cereal Killer

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2015, 09:46:10 AM »
Thanks echephron and ACG for your criticisms, I really appreciate it!! ;)
-I use Druid's Leaf Ring for a slow "turtling" and defensive start (Ring + Tree, Flower + Flower, ecc. if the opponent makes my own strategy) and then I usually try to be more aggressive with plants spam advancing and supporting my creatures.
-I like the addition of a pair of Knokdown vs flyers, really useful!! :)
-Two weeks ago I tried a version with Samara Tree and Seedling Pods and then only with Seedling Pods but they were too slow and fragile...... :(
-I'll try Guardian Angel in future, she's my first candidate for a mixed build with Galador.
-This week I'll try a solo match vs a Female Warlock and Adramelech (I usually play against Fire Wizard, Air Wizard, Beastmaster, Pristiess and Male Warlock).

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2015, 11:44:04 AM »
I want to discuss [mwcard=MW1I15]Knockdown[/mwcard] versus [mwcard=MW1E25]Maim Wings[/mwcard] because I like maim wings way more. Maim wings costs the same spellpoints and 2 more mana(or 1 less if they nullify), but lasts forever(or costs them to dispel.  I would only do it on level3+ fliers.

Some bonuses of it lasting forever is vine hinderance, ability to cast more tanglevines in the future, dragging thorugh bloodspine walls, and of course your creatures can always attack it.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Cereal Killer

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2016, 08:15:31 AM »
Hi! I'm recently testing this old version of my spellbook with some little changes...... Do you think there are some new cards to add or something to modify with the new meta??