May 05, 2024, 09:55:54 AM

Author Topic: Organized Play  (Read 30995 times)

SeanDeCoy

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Organized Play
« on: September 13, 2012, 10:51:36 AM »
Hey all you Mage Warriors!

We're going to be unveiling our plans for Organized Play very soon, so stay tuned! We'll also be releasing Organized Play Kits for retailers, so go to your local game or hobby store and tell them that you want to play in the Mage Wars organized play events and that they should order a kit!

There will be prizes, new spells, and an awesome unfolding story that you will be a part of! Be sure to get in on the ground floor!

More updates to come, so keep an eye on this thread!

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Organized Play
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 07:11:45 AM »
Since you did not post the link her is the OP preview page.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

stadi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 08:57:35 AM »
The mentioned promo cards make me worried. What about people that have no access to organized play? I don't think there will be any in Hungary for example.

How long till you will make them available for everyone?

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 12:42:13 AM »
this also worries me.  i was under the impression they they wanted everyone to have access to all the cards...
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 01:51:49 AM »
Promo cards don't worry me at all.  This game is so well written and playtested that I can't imigine them allowing promos to ruin the game.
Si vis pacem para bellum

Scarob

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 04:57:01 AM »
i seem to remember reading somewhere that promo cards would be special versions of existing cards from the starter box, just different artwork is about it i suppose, however the game play of the card wont change

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2012, 01:59:30 PM »
that would be cool.

patrickconnor

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2012, 02:13:16 PM »
Quote from: "Scarob" post=1125
i seem to remember reading somewhere that promo cards would be special versions of existing cards from the starter box, just different artwork is about it i suppose, however the game play of the card wont change

This is correct.

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2012, 05:29:10 PM »
I'd much rather have new cards... or maybe pre-releases from the next set?  Either way...Im in !!  : )
Si vis pacem para bellum

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2012, 12:25:35 PM »
i personaly am glad they are not giving out unique promo cards.  i believe thier philosophy of everyone having access to all the cards is a good one.  although previews of the next set would be a cool idea, if it was tested up already and everything.

Scarob

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 02:42:29 PM »
it would be interesting if the promo cards were of soon to come spells, however the new set that the promo card comes in would have to be fully tested so as to balance the promo out with the new stuff....could have a super special style promo and have it so that there's a competition for mage wars art work and the mage wars team could choose the best to made into the promo...maybe...???

p.s. I'm pants at awesome art, so there's no hope for me there XD

SeanDeCoy

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 11:02:10 AM »
Thanks for all the feedback! Here is the current plan:

The promo cards released will be new cards, however they will be released in the future to the general populace. Occasionally we will also do alternate art cards as well for prizes, participation, etc.

In this way the cards you win are available only to those who play, for a certain amount of time, as they eventually come out in future sets.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 12:21:13 PM »
Quote from: "SeanDeCoy" post=1165
Thanks for all the feedback! Here is the current plan:

The promo cards released will be new cards, however they will be released in the future to the general populace. Occasionally we will also do alternate art cards as well for prizes, participation, etc.

In this way the cards you win are available only to those who play, for a certain amount of time, as they eventually come out in future sets.

I could call the new cards preview cards not unique cards. When I last talked to the MW team these were planned to be no further than one expansion away. That is to say everybody will be able to get them when the set comes out.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 01:17:57 PM »
that is great i have no problem with that what so ever.  thank you for settleing my fears.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 02:36:41 PM »
Here is to hoping all the plans work out.