May 19, 2024, 07:20:09 PM

Author Topic: Mage Wars Mondays - Happy Thanksgiving  (Read 11310 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars Mondays - Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2015, 12:48:45 PM »
I've actually been quite content playing some Domination and integrating Academy cards into my current spell books. I'm REALLY looking forward to Paladin VS Siren. Bout two expansions a year is just fine by me.

Agree on the Domination side. We have moved to this format as our primary play mode and found the need to modify spellbooks and strategies for the scenarios and victory conditions.

Laddinfance, as far as new content it might be fun to add a section to the Battlegrounds part of the website where AW can publish new scenarios for players. Perhaps a 6-player free for all or scenarios for combining two expansions together. If two players have the expansion we now have 40 tiles to create maps and dozens of Ssalks. Recently we thought about making all the standard scenarios tougher by replacing Ssalks with their bigger brothers. :)

That doesn't necessarily make it tougher, that just means they take longer to kill and increases the length of the game.

40 tiles is a lot. How are you going to be able to reach your cards on a 40 tile arena? I mean, it would be really fun if you could, but I still haven't figured out how to do it without some sort of technology or special rules to make it no longer a genuine super-sized arena.

I tried to make a league of legends format once, and it didn't quite come out how I wanted it to. It would be cool if there were some way to make 3v3 and 5v5 mage wars arena shorter and more streamlined. Sharing turns with your team doesn't seem to be enough considering how many creatures they can summon. Maybe share spellbook points and "purchase" spells for your mage throughout the game, like in LoL?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
Re: Mage Wars Mondays - Happy Thanksgiving
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2015, 02:31:54 PM »
Tougher in the sense that tactics that work to remove a Ssalk fast don't work on the Ussalk. Therefore, you can't count on the added mana benefits until later rounds. It also provides more options for counter play such as healing the Ussalks on your opponents side of the arena to give you an edge.

I wasn't thinking all 40 tiles would be used in one map. Something like that might be needed if you have say 8 mages in a free for all. I was thinking more about the double special tiles like 2 Molten Rock zones instead of just one or a map with say 3 or 4 secret passages that all interconnect.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin