May 15, 2024, 04:02:04 PM

Author Topic: PvS tips  (Read 3988 times)

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
PvS tips
« on: November 19, 2016, 02:32:47 PM »
Just played a few round of PvS and I was the paladin. I used presuggested deck. My strategy was to boost mage up then banner to summon 2 creatures. Well banner got taken out with 2 attack spells haha.i put it 3 zones away from opponents corner and they moved one and used a spell and then naiya used another to kill it in one round!  Anyways what are your guys strategy to acquire valor and how to best use them? I didn't acquire a single valor lol. But then again I didn't get creatures out.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: PvS tips
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 02:52:00 PM »
I just played a game as a paladin.

Temple + ton of clerics. + Alfiya + equipment.

bassically it was a buddy paladin with alfiya and clerics in the back. The clerics kept praying and paladin used his sword. I could kill a big guy every turn. The dragon is absurdly powerful! I chose the strongest creature (level 2 or 3)  and by killing it I gained around 4 valor per turn. The problem is that I wasn't able to use any of the valor.  :( It was my second game as a paladin and both times I didn't use any of the valor and didn't activate the aura's. I just never wanted to spend an action to activate it.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 03:08:37 PM »
I just realized if I stay in the banners zone and guard with my shield I can intercept the attack spells. Some day I'll use the dragon but for now exploring the options set forth for me already in the predeck for a few game plays. The griffons look like a good play against siren as they are flying

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 03:10:36 PM »
As far as valor for you maybe shoot for the boost on the sword instead of auras?

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 03:12:23 PM »
I did that. But still I had like 10 valor after a while. I ran out of tokens. :P
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2016, 03:18:51 PM »
Ok another thing I just thought of on octgn for nonflame attack spells on banner it rolls 2 less dice is that automated? If not then that changes that whole game. I should have paid attention. Oh well it was a good friendly game we learned a lot.

ExcaliburTK

• Curator of the White Spires
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2016, 04:10:50 PM »
also dont forget to use your challenge , i noticed that from your game

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2016, 04:19:14 PM »
Thanks cap u were a great help! Do u know the answer for the automated attacks on the banner? Also the challenge I didn't want them to reroll there attack also lol

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2016, 05:04:31 PM »
ב"ה
Also the challenge I didn't want them to reroll there attack also lol
Challenge them when you have initiative. You strike them first (and possibly kill them), and guard. If you didn't kill, you could use your quickcast for an attack spell (or use it in first quickcast if it is unlikely to kill the opponent). If you opponent is still standing, he could either attack back and give you a counterattack with that same reroll, or attack with something else so you wouldn't make a counterattack against the challenged one. If your opponent attack with something else, you could attempt to finish your challenged opponent with another creature.
Another way to prevent your challenged opponent from attacking your mage is using guards.

ExcaliburTK

• Curator of the White Spires
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2016, 05:46:20 PM »
challenge is generally worth it with the amount of dice you hit with vs theres and im not sure about the crusade banner i will have to check and let you know.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2016, 09:08:00 PM »
Thanks cap u were a great help! Do u know the answer for the automated attacks on the banner? Also the challenge I didn't want them to reroll there attack also lol

Almost nothing from PvS is automated.  Sorry about that.  We are a bare bones operation and will have to remain so for a while, I think.  Always count it up yourself so that you stay sharp for in-person games.

As for Valor generation, I would suggest the Signet of the Dawnbreaker as an excellent way to generate a lot of valor.  The issue will become when to turn the Auras on and that gets tricky just like Halewijn said.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2016, 10:05:44 PM »
No need to apologize pudd you do great work and fortunate some are keeping it alive on octgn! So thank you! I will pay attention more to details and thanks for the ring suggestion I'll try it out!