May 15, 2024, 04:02:56 AM

Author Topic: Just wanted to say thank you!  (Read 8266 times)

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Just wanted to say thank you!
« on: November 18, 2016, 07:31:21 AM »
Hey Mage Wars community this is a great game and community just wanted to thank everyone that's part of it and keeping it going! I just got introduced and starting playing this game about a year a ago. I'm playing catch up but I'm loving it. My paladin vs siren copy comes in today! I just came across mage wars Mondays podcast last week and have made it to episode 30 lol. Just listened to where arcane duels tuned in! I basically put the podcast on in the background as I drive and do chores at home and go to bed too lol. I'm hoping soon to have more time to play and become a better player like the likes of some of you! Keep it up thanks again!

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Just wanted to say thank you!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 08:04:35 AM »
Hey that's awesome! Glad you're having a great time playing. What's been your favorite mage so far?
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 09:25:55 AM »
Hey Mage Wars community this is a great game and community just wanted to thank everyone that's part of it and keeping it going! I just got introduced and starting playing this game about a year a ago. I'm playing catch up but I'm loving it. My paladin vs siren copy comes in today! I just came across mage wars Mondays podcast last week and have made it to episode 30 lol. Just listened to where arcane duels tuned in! I basically put the podcast on in the background as I drive and do chores at home and go to bed too lol. I'm hoping soon to have more time to play and become a better player like the likes of some of you! Keep it up thanks again!

Glad you've been enjoying it! Mage Wars is a great game. It's too bad that MWM podcast was cut off after the latest episode in October 2014 or 2015  or so... don't even remember now it's been a while since they aired an episode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 11:24:49 AM »
I see your guys posts all the time but I don't have a name to match your username haha. But thanks for all that u do! Well I first bought the core set and I was drawn to the beastmaster and his animals. I really like to roll dice so I like to have 3-4 creatures haha. I know some tactics u put DoT and run around but to me that's not that exciting I like the suspense of rolls! Overtime I would buy each expansion and my brother in law and I would play the suggested spellbooks for each mage and switch. He loves the Druid. They all have something to bring to the table but I also like my mage to get into the battle so the melee plus one skill from beastmaster also drew my attention. I'm really excited about the paladin! I like the thought of King Arthur and his knights going to war! I'm a big medieval times fan lol. Armor up and support some knights and a way we go! And yes this game is great! I wish I had discovered it earlier!

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2016, 12:06:47 PM »
My name's Benjamin from Charlotte NC. Super glad to meet another Beast Master.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2016, 12:39:11 PM »
Ah yes you the one that runs the wounded warrior tourneys for charity? And also was on magecast if I'm not mistaken? If so good work man it's great u do that! If I lived closer I would come haha. Hope to see u in the arena do u play on octgn?

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2016, 01:49:35 PM »
welcome to the community. not sure where you are located, but you can try your local game stores to see if there may be other groups in your area to play against.

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 03:44:31 PM »
Hey Zot thanks! I'm from Iowa and I checked local game store there all Magic players if I get a little more experience maybe I could demo there. I'm trying to teach some friends and get a possible small group going first.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 05:46:06 PM »
Good luck. And mtg players would make excellent candidates for the game. It is very easy for mtg players to pick this game up. It has deck building, strategy, tactics, no need to draw a land since there is ongoing mana generation, subtlety of enchantments, and it is not collectible.

If you are up to a bit of a drive, I am having a mw weekend here in indy. 12/2 - 12/4. You would be able to spend the nights here. There will be several players here and some who are also new. Let me know if you would be interested in making it and I will send you some details.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 07:35:20 PM »
Good luck. And mtg players would make excellent candidates for the game. It is very easy for mtg players to pick this game up. It has deck building, strategy, tactics, no need to draw a land since there is ongoing mana generation, subtlety of enchantments, and it is not collectible.

If you are up to a bit of a drive, I am having a mw weekend here in indy. 12/2 - 12/4. You would be able to spend the nights here. There will be several players here and some who are also new. Let me know if you would be interested in making it and I will send you some details.

I think most mtg players would be more likely to want to play academy than arena though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 08:29:27 PM »
Welcome! :)
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 10:04:07 PM »
Drmambo23 congrats on the tourney victory!

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 11:27:33 PM »
Ah yes you the one that runs the wounded warrior tourneys for charity? And also was on magecast if I'm not mistaken? If so good work man it's great u do that! If I lived closer I would come haha. Hope to see u in the arena do u play on octgn?

You're close ;) I run charity tournaments to help veterans. The previous two years were for the Wounded Warrior Foundation but I have since starting this year changed my charity to Operation Home Front which is very similar in scope but also aids military families. I thank you though it is good to be appreciated.

I do not regularly play on OCTGN no. I've a sufficiently large number of local players I rarely want for opponents and I'm not much for online play anyway.

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2016, 11:40:06 PM »
Yea I don't have a group like that I wish! I prefer live as well but octgn is great and very fortunate for the ones keeping it going!

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2016, 05:46:05 PM »
ב"ה
This is one of nicest post I've seen in the internet  :D