May 10, 2024, 05:48:37 AM

Author Topic: Forcemaster vs Warlord ****SPOILERS****  (Read 37987 times)

halvor

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Forcemaster vs Warlord ****SPOILERS****
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2013, 11:57:26 AM »
Quote from: "Koz" post=7446
And, as Gwar pointed out, the Warlord is going to have mana issues due to the fact that he pays triple for Arcane spells (ouch), so the extra action(s) granted by this familiar are only so useful because I have the feeling that the Warlord will be mana starved.  

You can always have him take mana flowers which will only be 2 spell points. I only have one or two mana generators on the table most games so I don't think it will be as starved as you think. Also the barracks generates mana based on number of outposts so if the mage casts two outposts and the goblin put down the barracks, you will ramp up faster.

or you use the goblin to put a cheap temple up to boost your Temple of light.

Lastly does anyone know what the card means when it says "not attached to an object?"

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2013, 12:10:11 PM »
Quote from: "halvor" post=7448
Quote from: "Koz" post=7446
And, as Gwar pointed out, the Warlord is going to have mana issues due to the fact that he pays triple for Arcane spells (ouch), so the extra action(s) granted by this familiar are only so useful because I have the feeling that the Warlord will be mana starved.  

You can always have him take mana flowers which will only be 2 spell points. I only have one or two mana generators on the table most games so I don't think it will be as starved as you think. Also the barracks generates mana based on number of outposts so if the mage casts two outposts and the goblin put down the barracks, you will ramp up faster.

or you use the goblin to put a cheap temple up to boost your Temple of light.

Lastly does anyone know what the card means when it says "not attached to an object?"

It means the Goblin can't cast things like Tanglevine.

The Warlord using Mana Flowers just seems...weird... to me.  That's not very thematic, but obviously playable mechanically.  Plus, the Warlord seems very conjuration heavy so it's not like he has tons of space on the board to drop stuff like a normal mage does.  If he takes up a spot or two with Mana Crystals/Flowers then he has less room for his Outposts and siege machines, which makes it a painful option for him.  He could make up for this lack of space by using Harmonize and Moonglow Amulet but he pays triple for that stuff, which sucks (but he can still use it).  Add in the facts that his familiar produces no mana and he only has a base channeling of 9 and...yeah...he seems like he will be a bit starved for mana.  

Hell, even his "mana saving ring" is more expensive than any of the other mages which tells me that they designed him to have a harder time generating mana than the other mages.

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 13, 2013, 12:12:15 PM »
Quote from: "halvor" post=7448

It means that you can't cast conjuration such as Tanglevine, which has "creature" as legal target in it's casting line. "Object" is other card that lasts in a game (creature, conjuration).
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

Locusshifter

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 13, 2013, 04:03:23 PM »
Does anyone know if the actual forcemaster or warlord have been spoiled yet?

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 13, 2013, 04:49:54 PM »
Quote from: "Locusshifter" post=7462

Yes, they were in a pod cast online.  Someone summarized the spoiled cards there: http://zacgaming.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/forcemaster-and-warlord-previews/

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 13, 2013, 05:00:44 PM »
Goblin Familiar is cool in that he is the only familiar not specific to a mage.  Anyone can use him to build and repair conjurations.  Its also handy that he places conjurations to his zone, so you can use him to put stuff in other places on the board or to put up walls.

patrickconnor

« Reply #66 on: February 13, 2013, 11:41:58 PM »
Two more to discuss...

[attachment=136]DancingScimitar300px.png[/attachment]

[attachment=137]Psylok300px.png[/attachment]

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2013, 12:21:47 AM »
I love the utility of the dancing scimitar!  Very cool card design.
Si vis pacem para bellum

Charmyna

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Dark Destroyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2013, 04:48:23 AM »
I dont have the rulebook with me, but is there something that prevents you from using multiple dancing scimitars at the same time? They dont occupy an equipment slot, so that doesnt prevent it. I know you cant cast two enchantments with the same name on one creature, but does this rule also apply to equipment?

Btw what happens if I charm a creature and then attack it with the scimitar? Does that break the charm? I assume not, since the scimitar is autonomous. But need to know how exactly that is defined.

Edit: I just answered my own question :P. From the rulebook page 20: "You may not have more than one equipment spell with the same name attached to your Mage at any time."

Locusshifter

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2013, 12:18:13 PM »
Nice. I can't wait to see what other autonomous cards are in store! The sword is an oldie but goodie from my D & D days.

Also, did anyone else read Frylock instead of Psylok? It's even a similar shape and shooting lighting from it's eye...

Locusshifter

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2013, 12:20:24 PM »
Speaking of eyes, what is that eye symbol in the attack line?

Locusshifter

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2013, 01:51:02 PM »
Quote from: "Koz" post=7465
Quote from: "Locusshifter" post=7462

Yes, they were in a pod cast online.  Someone summarized the spoiled cards there: http://zacgaming.wordpress.com/2013/01/15/forcemaster-and-warlord-previews/

Thanks for this. It's got some stuff that I most wanted to see, namely the mages themselves.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2013, 04:27:13 PM »
They eye is in the area that belongs to Damage Type. Im going to guess physic.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2013, 05:23:37 PM »
Quote from: "Charmyna" post=7487
I dont have the rulebook with me, but is there something that prevents you from using multiple dancing scimitars at the same time? They dont occupy an equipment slot, so that doesnt prevent it. I know you cant cast two enchantments with the same name on one creature, but does this rule also apply to equipment?

Btw what happens if I charm a creature and then attack it with the scimitar? Does that break the charm? I assume not, since the scimitar is autonomous. But need to know how exactly that is defined.

Edit: I just answered my own question :P. From the rulebook page 20: "You may not have more than one equipment spell with the same name attached to your Mage at any time."

EQUIPMENT
You may not have more than one equipment spell with the same name attached to your Mage at any time.

ENCHANTMENTS
There is no limit to the number of different enchantments that can be on an object, but each object or zone cannot have more than one enchantment with the same name attached to it at one time.

CONJURATIONS
An object may never have multiple conjurations with the same name attached to it. A zone may never have multiple conjurations with the same name attached to it.

Object
Enchantments, equipment, creatures, and conjurations are spells which become objects in the game, remaining in play after they are cast. The Mage is also considered an object. Incantation and attack spells do not become objects.

I hope that helps. ;)
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

patrickconnor

« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2013, 10:41:42 PM »
A couple more spells to pique your interest...

[attachment=138]CircleofFire300px.png[/attachment]

[attachment=139]ManglerCaltrops300px.png[/attachment]